Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 16x32 cabin kit in northern mi.
. 1 . 2 . >>
larry
# Posted: 22 Feb 2010 19:18

just a few pics of what can be done in 6 days work. found this kit at panelconcepts.com
frame
frame
walls
walls
done
done

larry
# Posted: 22 Feb 2010 19:29

and we can't forget about the interior
living room
living room
kitchen
kitchen
kitchen
kitchen
bunk beds
bunk beds

dk1393
# Posted: 22 Feb 2010 21:25

very nice. I love the deck

steveqvs
# Posted: 23 Feb 2010 10:00

Very Cool!

bigriver
# Posted: 23 Feb 2010 12:29

Only 6 days you must have been working non stop for hours and hours each day. Your cabin is lovely inside and out.

larry
# Posted: 23 Feb 2010 19:31

well i did have the help of two friends. i can't take all the credit.

JRanch
# Posted: 24 Feb 2010 09:19

Larry,
Looks great, are you in da UP?

larry
# Posted: 27 Feb 2010 09:23

no, just north of west branch in the lower

Vince P
# Posted: 2 Mar 2010 14:04

Very nice. I considered one of these kits before I built my cabin.
Are your walls insulated or is it panel only?

DLMcBeath
# Posted: 3 Mar 2010 16:59

Beautiful,,What make is your stove? I'd like a smaller stove for my kitchen.

larry
# Posted: 3 Mar 2010 23:22

the walls are not insulated but can be and after the below zero winter we had it is in the works. the kitchen stove is a danby apartment stove. the stove has 4 burners and a reasonably large oven. the wood burner is a drolet savanah.

larry
# Posted: 4 Mar 2010 22:55

a few more pics. trout, beer in the boat, turkey and hunting with the girls.
beer
beer
turkey
turkey
bird hunting
bird hunting
catching dinner
catching dinner

cabinbasics
# Posted: 5 Mar 2010 11:09

Nice pics Larry! Big momma trout.

RickandRandy
# Posted: 8 Mar 2010 22:42

absolutely awesome! love the natural wood.

RickandRandy
# Posted: 8 Mar 2010 23:56

Larry, we have a Drolet Savannah wood stove as well and we"re really happy with it. I read in the instruction book that it is one of the few mobile home approved wood stoves. Requires very little clearance, only 12 inches on each side and 15 or so at back.

larry
# Posted: 9 Mar 2010 21:16

we love the stove and the price, 725 plus s&h. our biggest problem is getting dry wood. tough to heat with semi green wood.

Anonymous
# Posted: 13 Mar 2010 13:50

Did you have any permit issues? Did you have any restrictions/issues from the county or township? I have property in Montmorency, MI but I can't build anything under 720 sq ft and I need plumbing, running water and electric. So my plan is to throw up a "storage shed" where I don't have to worry about the sq footage and such. Then, I'll build some living quarters on the inside.

larry
# Posted: 13 Mar 2010 23:53

no,we didn't have any permit issues...but i never told anyone what i wanted to do nor did i ask. but i did have to ask muskegon development if i could tie in a 5 kva transformer to there power line that run through my land. once again..no permit. the topic did however come up, what would we do if asked we would say it was for storage. the worst that would happen is we would have to pay fines. what type of structure were you thinking about?

Anonymous
# Posted: 14 Mar 2010 15:36

I was thinking about a 16x24 "storage shed" with a gambrel roof so we would have loft above. That would give us a little over 600 sq feet. I'm also kicking around putting up 24x24 pole barn and convert the inside after inspections. Not sure what I want to do yet. 1st I'm having a electric installed on the property, then I'll start building this spring, insulate it this fall. I'm really still in the thinking/processing what I want.

Here's a link to what I was thinking

http://www.backyardbuildings.com/products/viewDescription.cfm/Table/Level3Description s/Name/Gambrel%20-%20Everest

I can build a 16x20 with no permit but I would like something a little larger. I'm getting a zoning permit and building permit because I have heard the township is known for poking around. Once it's up and inspected I won't have to worry about it.

I love your place. I have looked at those on line and thought about a kit too.

larry
# Posted: 14 Mar 2010 21:48 - Edited by: larry

love the idea of the gambrel building. i favor that type of cabin over the pole building, just my oppinion. good luck with the project and don't forget to take the time to enjoy it even if it isn't quite complete. but i must say i am very happy we built it because my wife was not much of an outdoor girl and here it is not even spring and she is dieing to get back to the cabin with the kids.

RickandRandy
# Posted: 21 May 2010 16:13

Good advice Larry, you have to enjoy your property even if it's not complete, and train yourself to not just see work to be done as you look around, and learn how to appreciate what IS there. I found this difficult and still struggle with it at times.

larry
# Posted: 25 May 2010 20:43

i'll tip my glass to that R&R...and welcome the summer!

Anonymous
# Posted: 5 Jun 2010 18:27

Larry which cabin did you purchase from panelconcepts and size. You guys did an awesome job in 6 days.

Anonymous
# Posted: 5 Jun 2010 18:40

Larry sorry I see it is a 16 X 32. But what style of cabin was it? And would you do anything different if you had to order it all over again?

larry
# Posted: 5 Jun 2010 20:02

Sorry, that was a typo.it is 12x32 oak ridge cabin.

larry
# Posted: 5 Jun 2010 20:06

No, I would not do anything different . I bought my own roofing and save a ton of cash, almost half. Well I think I would cover the porch on the right side. But I could still do that though .

RickandRandy
# Posted: 15 Jun 2010 12:39

Hey Larry, how do you like that table and chair set you have? would you recommend them? are the chairs somewhat comfortable? I like the look and I sure do like the price as well.

R&R

larry
# Posted: 16 Jun 2010 21:09

hey R&R good to hear from you again. the table and chairs are great and if you should decide to buy the optional seat cushions it is even better because they are machine washable and for the price it can't be beat. a perfect size for four people. have fun at Ikea. i have a few pics from our latest trip to the cabin.
wild strawberries
wild strawberries
tired ozzy
tired ozzy
my two little fish
my two little fish

larry
# Posted: 16 Jun 2010 21:12 - Edited by: larry

well, i can't load the pic i wanted. must be too large.

RickandRandy
# Posted: 17 Jun 2010 10:38

Thanks for the info Larry, wow, wild strawberries, what a bonus! I was informed by a friend that we *may* have wild raspberries, but not sure yet. Wish me luck. Pics look awesome! It must feel great as a parent to give your kids the opportunity to have some real outdoor fun and experiences in nature. I'm sure that water is mighty inviting on a hot day.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.