Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 20 X 30 Cabin in central PA
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . >>
Rys
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 06:29

Thank you.
Wishing you and yours a joyous Christmas!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 07:36

Thanks, same to you and also a splendid New (cabin build filled)Year.

Steve_S
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 08:39

On your grandson and the tree ! Perfectly precious moments ! No one tell Charlie ok ! As the tree grows every year he can do more - well, till he's a teen and doesn't care anymore.

Merry Xmas & Best Wishes to you & yours shady.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 10:09

Thanks for the wishes Steve. Merry Christmas to you and yours also. I am sure you are right about my grandson outgrowing the cabin. Not looking forward to that but I need to take advantage of all the opportunities I have now because he usually doesn't want to go home. He is happy just picking up acorns and leaves and also likes to pick the sticks out of the yard that fall off the trees. I call him my little helper.

Bridge Boy
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 14:12

Shadyacres,

I am wondering how you like your new Lt 15 sawmill?
Looking at the same set up.

Thanks,

Bridge Boy

Shadyacres
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 17:14

Bridge Boy , I really like it. I probably cut about 2000 bf with it so far. Haven't used it for a month or so. I plan to do some sawing after Christmas if the weather stays ok.

Bridge Boy
# Posted: 19 Dec 2016 18:01

I have been looking at entry level mills for my camp and keep going back to the Woodmizer L 15.

Thanks

Shadyacres
# Posted: 20 Dec 2016 00:10

Bridge Boy , where are you located? I bought mine at Shade Gap , PA Only about an hour from me.

Bridge Boy
# Posted: 20 Dec 2016 01:12

Upstate New York, so I will be using the Hannibal, NY dealer if I do decide to purchase. From what I have read they seem to do a good job. Also talked to them a few weeks back.

There was a nice display of Woodmizer saws at The Woodsman's Field Days in Boonville this past August.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 20 Dec 2016 06:40

Good , from what I heard and read up on they all seem to be good dealers. Also I forgot to tell you , they really seem to hold their value. When I purchased mine I had found a nice used one but it was almost as much as the new one I bought. You will not be disappointed . I also had a neighbor who had bought a used 15 which I had tried out before I purchased mine.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 26 Dec 2016 15:35

Ok Rys here are some more pics I took of my stairs. Of course they sit one on top of the other as most do so you don't waste any more room than you have too. Let me know if there are any more questions and I will be glad to try to answer them for you.
DSCN1331.JPG
DSCN1331.JPG
DSCN1332.JPG
DSCN1332.JPG
DSCN1333.JPG
DSCN1333.JPG
DSCN1334.JPG
DSCN1334.JPG

Shadyacres
# Posted: 26 Dec 2016 15:38

And three more Rys.
DSCN1335.JPG
DSCN1335.JPG
DSCN1336.JPG
DSCN1336.JPG
DSCN1337.JPG
DSCN1337.JPG

Rys
# Posted: 26 Dec 2016 20:13

Thank you! I was having trouble visualizing the spacing between the kitchen and the stairs going down.
We're also doing a hallway but it will go to a door leading out to an enclosed porch/mud room. Bedroom on one side of the hall, bath on the other.
It's one thing to see something on paper but much better to "see" it in actuality.

Rys

Shadyacres
# Posted: 27 Dec 2016 19:24

Rys , you are welcome. Let me know if you need any more pics. I didn't get a real good pic of stairs in relation to kitchen.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:26

I don't know anything about this generator but harbor freight has a predator that is supposed to rival a Honda. Right now the price is 429 vs 949. If anyone is interested in taking a look check out harbor freight.

hattie
# Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:59

What a beautiful place you have!!!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 29 Dec 2016 13:21

Thanks again Hattie , I do so enjoy going to the cabin. I spent most weekends there. And I continue to enjoy working on it and making new things for the cabin. I am right now working on a bench for my table so I don't need to stock so many chairs. Not enough space and they only get used a few times a year. I plan on posting a picture of it as soon as I get the last coat of minwax on it.
I was searching for your cabin hattie but could not find it. Do you have a cabin forum?

Shadyacres
# Posted: 29 Dec 2016 19:28

Two more cabin additions.
DSCN1348.JPG
DSCN1348.JPG
DSCN1349.JPG
DSCN1349.JPG

Shadyacres
# Posted: 5 Jan 2017 23:19

Wanted to post pics of my bin for my pellets for my pellet stove. It holds 3 bags so I don't have to lug bags around so much.
DSCN1351.JPG
DSCN1351.JPG
DSCN1352.JPG
DSCN1352.JPG

Rys
# Posted: 6 Jan 2017 09:11

Love the bench!
I hate to keep pestering you but next time you're at your place can you take some more pictures of your kitchen/basement /hallway area? Maybe one from right in front of the three? Trying to figure out where to stuff my fridge.
Thanks! Really enjoying seeing all your lovely craftsmanship!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 6 Jan 2017 10:17

Sure will.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 10:45

Ok Rys , here I have some better kitchen shots. Let me know if they work out. My bath room is behind the refrigerator wall and the bedroom is at end of little hall way.
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG

Shadyacres
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 10:56

Rys , I found a few pics when I was working on kitchen area.
DSCN0061.JPG
DSCN0061.JPG
DSCN0063.JPG
DSCN0063.JPG
DSCN0064.JPG
DSCN0064.JPG

Rys
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 16:02

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to see.
Now here's another odd seeming question: if your fridge was across the hall about where your basement door is would it be easy to reach? I'm wanting as much counter space as possible. Thought if the fridge was across the "hall" I could squeeze in some more.
We're probably going to extend the loft over the kitchen. Will have a closed off bedroom and small bath upstairs with an open area in front overlooking the living room.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 16:49

Directly across from the fridge is where my basement stairs are. There is no door there , it is open stairwell.

Rys
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 20:10

I realize that. What I meant is if your basement stairs were a little farther foward. ( Towards the living room. ) Then the fridge could go across the hall.
Our build is going to be 20x40. That gives me a little wiggle room in the middle between the bedroom/living area. Sorry if this is getting confusing!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 20:16

Oh I see. Yeah you kind of make a closet like place for your fridge. I am a little tight with the way mine is. I wish I would've had another 10 ft.

Rys
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 20:29

I've been in the planning phase going on two years now trying to get everything figured out Realy want to keep it small but not too small!
Looking at other peoples builds has been such a great help. Thank you again for your input!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 8 Jan 2017 21:31

Your welcome Rys. I kinda just drew mine up on a napkin and went with it. I wasn't planning on doing a den in the basement originally but then decided I did want to do that. I may have changed things if knew I wanted the basement finished off originally. I am planning on bumping out about 12 ft on the one end of mine.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 9 Jan 2017 15:26

End table for the cabin.
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.