Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Future project
<< . 1 . 2 .
metoo
# Posted: 10 Jul 2015 21:44

Thanks cabingal3...we are blessed for sure.

metoo
# Posted: 2 Jan 2016 16:22

So, I got my lap top fixed and am able to upload pix now.
DAY 1 June 25th and by 4pm we had the whole floor 20x24 and front deck 6x24 framed in.
DAY 2 June 26 Sheathed the floor, Got front wall (24w x 14h), middle load bearing wall and rear wall framed and stood up
DAY 3 June 27 At this point the decision was made to add a third bedroom, a 10x12 master on the side of the 24x20, roof framed, sheathed and papered, and back wall sheathed.
June 28 Off
DAY 4 June 29 Sheathed in all outside walls and typar'd.
DAY 5 June 30 Window and door install started.
DAY 6 July 03 Window and door install completed and clean up...then it was beer time on the 7 mile boat trip down lake.
8 Pontoon boat and 8 aluminum boat trips of materials
8 Pontoon boat and 8 aluminum boat trips of materials
End of day 2
End of day 2
End of day 4
End of day 4
End of day 6
End of day 6

neb
# Posted: 2 Jan 2016 18:15

Outstanding! I know a guy that got his dads cabin after he passed away. It was on land that they owned on the river.
The cabin was in bad shape and the son didn't want to tear it down because of the work and the enjoyment his dad had there. It was a small cabin so he built a large home around it and left the old cabin in tact and it is part of the living room now. It is amazing how and what he did to accomplish this. He took me into it some years back and it looked great. The son had an idea and was very creative and in the end he had the best of both worlds.

Your build look great and please keep us posted.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 2 Jan 2016 19:00

Yip, I agree. Tear it down, start over and use some of the old cottage pieces to add some character to the new place.

Consider getting the new place 3-4 feet up off the ground just in case. No telling how high that lake will get some day.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 2 Jan 2016 19:04 - Edited by: OutdoorFanatic

Hey, "Metoo" If I were you I'd fill those concrete blocks up with something. Those things aint that strong all by themselves. Just thinking out loud here.

Thelar
# Posted: 4 Jan 2016 14:25

Camp looks great.

I am a little concerned with the concrete blocks and the way you have them turned on their sides. Like OutdoorFanatic said I would at least fill them up. Maybe using an engineered cookie would provide better support and last longer due to the winters(frost heave) we have in Maine.

metoo
# Posted: 1 Mar 2018 19:57

Haven't updated in a while...have been picking away at the inside when there is time. We close up usually labour day weekend and open up again in may.
last summer i installed: a water tank, running tap water to bathroom and kitchen, hot water in kitchen, composting toilet, new dock, fire pit.
The old log cabin is still standing...but may soon be gone. And by gone I mean drug across the lake and given new life...if all goes as planned.
I have attached some pics.
We have enjoyed some great family times and my youngest became engaged in August at the end of the new dock at the lake and island she loves.
camp1.jpg
camp1.jpg
camp9.jpg
camp9.jpg
camp8.jpg
camp8.jpg

metoo
# Posted: 1 Mar 2018 20:00 - Edited by: metoo

some more pics
camp4.jpg
camp4.jpg
camp6.jpg
camp6.jpg
camp5.jpg
camp5.jpg

metoo
# Posted: 28 May 2018 22:57

A couple of updated photos
Old porcelain sink from old camp
Old porcelain sink from old camp
The old camp is no more
The old camp is no more

metoo
# Posted: 28 May 2018 22:58

I work away for most of the month...so therefore most of the year. I am finally going to finish the exterior this year.

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 31 Aug 2018 06:11

Have you finished up the exterior yet?

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.