Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our cabin in Michigan
Cosby
# Posted: 26 May 2014 18:15 - Edited by: Cosby

Hello,

We recently purchased just over 5 acres with a old 12' x 16' shack on it. After adding our outhouse, we have now started to slowly work on repairing the shack which has quite a bit of water damage.
Found a huge piece of rubber roofing cheap on Craigslist. We have replaced all the roof boards and have the rubber on temporarily. (still needs to be glued and trimmed)
Fresh paint, though we will actually need to replace much of the trim in areas. Next we will start inside on repairs to the floor and one wall. Two windows need to go in.
On the inside, it is one room with built-in bunk beds. Also, one corner is walled off for a private area for dressing and for storing shoes, coats, etc. Inside pics as we fix it up

So glad to have found this forum!
cabin2.JPG
cabin2.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG

neb
# Posted: 26 May 2014 21:03

Have fun and what is your intentions for your place? Where about is your paradise located?

Cosby
# Posted: 26 May 2014 21:36

We are in the not too far from Hesperia. We didn't want to go anywhere further North than Baldwin. Otherwise, it would have been too far a drive for us.
Just a place to camp and hang out with the grandkids. Keep it off gird. Solar power, etc.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 26 May 2014 22:06

Welcome to the forum. Take pictures as you go, it is amazing how many changes take place as you look back in a few years.

brooksm29
# Posted: 26 May 2014 22:25

Congrats. Its nice to see yet another Michigander on here. I too did not want a long drive and my cabin is located near baldwin. Its about a 40 minute drive. Lookin forward to pics.

In the Hollow
# Posted: 27 May 2014 13:47

Hi Cosby, welcome to the forum

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 27 May 2014 14:30

Yes, welcome, good start. Looks like some 25 year old Red pines there too. Nice.

Owen

fastsled
# Posted: 27 May 2014 21:18

Welcome to the neighborhood!

naturelover66
# Posted: 28 May 2014 09:14

Hello and welcome to the forum! My small cabin is up near Petoskey... looking forward to watching your piece of paradise evolve. Here's to another beautiful Michigan summer!!!
Lisa

trailhopper
# Posted: 21 Oct 2016 08:21

just closed on my place in Irons, hope to start getting a camp set up soon

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.