Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 16 X 24 Tin Clad Cabin with 6 ft Deck (Alberta, Canada)
tkittlitz
# Posted: 28 Aug 2014 17:44 - Edited by: tkittlitz

Hi Everyone,

I have visited this site a few times in the past for ideas and such but never registered. We had originally planned to convert a Garage package in to a cabin. But then we came up with this idea.

Our 16 X 24 Tin Clad Cabin with loft and auto-lift stairs.

Click here for Timelapse of the build

We are very close to being finished. But a few pieces of trim, the loft railing, and anchors will complete the project.
cabin2.jpg
cabin2.jpg
cabin.jpg
cabin.jpg
IMG_3285.JPG
IMG_3285.JPG
IMG_2956.JPG
IMG_2956.JPG

Tarmetto
# Posted: 28 Aug 2014 17:51

Nice! Interesting about the "tin clad". May I ask if you somehow closed the ends of the corrugated metal to keep little critters out?

Time lapse link doesn't work for me.

tkittlitz
# Posted: 28 Aug 2014 18:03 - Edited by: tkittlitz

Quoting: Tarmetto
Nice! Interesting about the "tin clad". May I ask if you somehow closed the ends of the corrugated metal to keep little critters out?

Time lapse link doesn't work for me.

The tin mfg has a "U" Channel that runs along the bottom of the tin. The roofing has a foam insert with adhesive that you put in and then screw in.

The timelapse is on Vimeo (needs to convert) and should be ready in about 30 mins, sorry. *Timelapse should be working now

Tarmetto
# Posted: 28 Aug 2014 18:33

Wow!....fast build...LOL!
Moving so fast it was hard to tell...did you sheath the roof, then horizontal battens/perlins, foam in between, then roof panels?...same for the siding?

This is very interesting to me...#1 I'm a tin bender by trade, #2 this would be very easy for me to do myself on our build.
My main concerns would be condensation and keeping the little critters out.
I love the look!
I "think" that sheathing, then perlins with 1.5" foam board between them and 6" seal tape covering the perlins, than panels...would make for a good strong double insulated design.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 29 Aug 2014 11:35

Looks great! Love that porch.

smallworks
# Posted: 29 Aug 2014 22:01

It's beautiful!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.