Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My "other" project.
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Sep 2014 19:17 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Ok, this took 3 weekends to get to where we are now. I have been helping a good friend build his toolshed. I had freedom to build it anyway I wanted as long as it was 10X16 plus a porch. We did sheet the entire attic area for more storage and I extended the roof over the porch, so attic area is 14X16. Walls are only 7 feet (80 5/8" studs) as you can see, there was a power wire right overhead, so 8 foot walls, peak would of hit the wire (this is the feed to his house from the pole in the alley). Roof pitch is about a 5/12. Rafters were 2X6 at 24 OC with a non load bearing ridge board that is a 2X8, rafter ties at each one and collar tie every other. Fascia board is a 2X8 we went 2 feet overhand on the gable ends and 1 foot on the sides.

Hurricane hangers on all rafter tails plus the wall behind the porch.

This is what I did. I went HD, it is just a toolshed but I built it to residential home specs and probably more. I'm known for HD.

Its basically done with the exception of some more trim and paint. We need to wire and panel the inside next, but the shell is done otherwise.

PS, I told my buddy, NO OSB! Smells so nice inside, like wood, not glues and formaldehyde etc.

He sub'd out the concrete. Its a footer/stemwall with inside slab and porch, concrete surrounds it also. Can lights under the porch in the soffit (LED types)
P1020414.JPG
P1020414.JPG
P1020416.JPG
P1020416.JPG
P1020418.JPG
P1020418.JPG

bldginsp
# Posted: 7 Sep 2014 20:59

When you gonna get started on mine?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.