Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Vermont Casting Gas Stove
drb777
# Posted: 6 Dec 2014 20:26

Several years ago I picked-up a close-out model Vermont Casting Pinnacle gas stove on Ebay for about half of list price. It sat in a corner of my city home awaiting the cabin build and the first winter heating season. It's a Direct Vent type, using 4" by 6-5/8" concentric duct pipe for both exhaust and combustion air. So no interior fumes, or cabin air consumption. I decided on a wall flue exit, more simple and I always avoid roof breaches when ever practical. Since I have my own supply of natural gas from wells on the property, I'm using this no-cost fuel, but it came with an LP conversion kit also. I believe it's rated at 35,000 btu's on full blast, but after it rather quickly heats-up the cabin, I switch it to the remote control and auto mode which allows it to be set at a lower flame and nearly silent fan level. The remote also controls the thermostat which throttles the flame on & off according to the user set temperature, where ever you move the remote. So far I'm super-pleased with the quality, features and cabin application. Attached are a couple of photos, the ecco-fan is mostly for visual effect, the stove doesn't really need help dissapating the heat.
Pinnacle Gas Stove
Pinnacle Gas Stove
Application
Application

rmak
# Posted: 6 Dec 2014 21:03

Wow, you are one lucky cabin dweller! About the only down side is that you can't keep in shape cutting, splitting and stacking wood.

I have an old Vermont Castings wood stove in our farmhouse that we never use anymore (bought a Jotul insert for the fireplace that does it all) We just keep the VC as decoration. It's a thing of beauty.

Congratulations. Good for you!

aharin
# Posted: 21 Feb 2017 15:44

would you sell the pinnicle lp conversion kit, I NEED ONE. aharin@juno.com

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.