Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Sauna and hot tub room..........
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 28 May 2015 18:48

I just built this for a valued customer.
outsiside
outsiside
tub
tub
sauna
sauna
sitting area
sitting area

leonk
# Posted: 28 May 2015 23:23

nice
what's inside the sauna?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 29 May 2015 07:41

Here' the inside of the sauna.
stove
stove
stove and benches
stove and benches
benches and wall
benches and wall
ceiling
ceiling

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 29 May 2015 07:58

The whole building is on a slab and set up a little. It has all treated wood under it, and the floor is cedar decking boards tight together, but won't hold water. You can dump all the water you want on the floor and it will drain through to the ground. So actually the boards can only be so tight together, but not enough space for bugs to get in. I'd say about what a screen might have for gaps.

Owen
floor
floor

leonk
# Posted: 29 May 2015 16:53

Owen, you're a better builder than I'll ever be, but I have to tell you there are couple improvements for future saunas you build
1. Make the ceiling lower (42" from the top bench works for most people). There's no point in heating all that air. Sometimes high ceiling works in sauna, but it's a special case.
2. Make the top bench wider, so a grown man can lie down and have room for shoulders and arms. Even if you have to make the lower bench really narrow, after all it's just a step up. No one ever sits there...

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 29 May 2015 21:53

Can't say I've ever wanted to lay down in my sauna, even though mine has a wide bench. We actually wish ours, this one is not ours, we wish ours was a bit narrower, as it's difficult to lean back to the wall. I've been thinking of back rests. As for height, your right about that. This one is about 7' high on the rear, but the owner wanted the rising vaulted ceiling. It remains to be seen how the steam will roll back over to the benches, unusual ceiling for sure. Pretty though.

Owen

leonk
# Posted: 30 May 2015 21:04

<we wish ours was a bit narrower, as it's difficult to lean back to the wall>

I just put my feet up on the bench if I want to seat with the back to the wall. You need to warm your feet too

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 31 May 2015 17:59

I'm stoking mine up as I type. It's going to feel soooooooo good.

leonk
# Posted: 31 May 2015 22:24

not as good as co-ed ones I visited in Germany and Austria

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.