Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New Alabama 12x20 cabin with loft
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Pawag
# Posted: 11 Aug 2015 21:18

Kudzu- yes we are ok but it sure did make a mess of Walmart and Hibbit sports.

Pawag
# Posted: 20 Aug 2015 23:18

Completed a wall today with knotty pine. Still have lots of work to do.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 30 Aug 2015 00:07

I started the ceiling. Time consuming but I think it looks good.
image.jpg
image.jpg

pondjumpr
# Posted: 4 Sep 2015 15:00

Looks great. I was planning on building a 12' x 16' but I swear, your 12' x 20' looks huge compared to the few 12 x16 I have seen.

Your cabin looks really nice. I look forward to following the progress.

Pawag
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 09:56

Stairs have been added to the front porch. The bathroom walls are nearly complete with all that knotty pine. Brad came in to do the bathroom tile. Daniella and Jim completed the bunk beds in the loft. Still have a lot to do it's a lot of work but it's fun
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 09:59

More bathroom pics
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 10:38

Looks fantastic!

Bevis
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 22:35

Looks good...

Pawag
# Posted: 17 Sep 2015 22:08

Completed some of the outside of the bathroom and a better picture of one of the bunks.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 5 Oct 2015 20:26

The porch now has a railing.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

littlehouseontheprarie
# Posted: 5 Oct 2015 21:20

Very nice job

Pawag
# Posted: 2 Nov 2015 08:49

Here are some recent changes to the cabin. The kitchen, bathroom and sitting areas are coming together. That knotty pine sure is time consuming.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Rowjr
# Posted: 3 Nov 2015 10:21

looks nice

Pawag
# Posted: 5 Nov 2015 07:23

Finally completed the kitchen counter thanks to our good friend Brad Terrill. The guy has skills! I put the flooring in, added appliances, and Brad did window trim.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 5 Nov 2015 07:25 - Edited by: Pawag

Finally have a sink!!!! Not a crucial as a toilet but certainly needed.

Pawag
# Posted: 5 Nov 2015 09:15

The sink
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 6 Nov 2015 21:20

Bathrooms nearly complete. I really like the antler TP holder from a shed from a couple years ago.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 13 Dec 2015 16:12

Here are some updates. Pics of the porch and even one from the loft. I have some finish work to do but the majority is complete. We moved our 40 ft connex up the hill in a secluded flat place (thanks to the Paul family and Jim).
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

abby
# Posted: 13 Dec 2015 16:36

I am loving this so much.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 13 Dec 2015 17:27

Very Nice

Pawag
# Posted: 13 Dec 2015 19:05

Thanks very much. We are adding the balcony railing and the railing on the front steps soon. Getting home owners insurance this week as well. The fireplace will have to wait.

Reeko
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 14:30

I really like this build. It has a lot of the same qualities that I hope to incorporate a lot of these attributes into my cabin.

Rowjr
# Posted: 26 Dec 2015 14:27

looking good

Pawag
# Posted: 26 Dec 2015 19:13

Thanks so much. We are heading up for hot next 4 days and will stain the kitchen cabinets and hang a couple shelves. I hope they give me some more storage space because we need it.

Pawag
# Posted: 30 Dec 2015 22:48

Our cabin kitchen is nearly complete. I added before and after pics. My wife and kids helped to build and install the shelves. We stained the cabinets and shelves in a hickory color the same as the floor. The pot shelf with hooks is my favorite.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

abby
# Posted: 3 Jan 2016 07:10

LOVE the contrasting wood in the kitchen. fabulous. I just have to say it again....fabulous!!

Pawag
# Posted: 3 Jan 2016 20:56 - Edited by: Pawag

Thanks very much Abby. Always scary putting down the color and hope it works. I have had a few friends help me out and this weekend Andy Davis added trim around the front door. Now it needs the paint and curtain rod added to have it complete.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pawag
# Posted: 6 Jan 2016 23:49

Added trim around the windows in the sitting area last night. It definately has a more finished look.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Steve_S
# Posted: 7 Jan 2016 07:35

"Any deer found eating this corn will be shot" ! LOL Indeed !

Lookin great ! I like the colour contrast which offsets everything nicely.

I intend to finish the interior of my place with various types of wood (White & Red Pine mostly) which should provide different colours naturally but I have this feeling that I could get too carried away and be overwhelmed with "wood everywhere"... Then again, I feel really comfortable in a place that is finished in wood rather than anything else, just "feels" warmer and more natural with a relaxing effect...

Pawag
# Posted: 7 Jan 2016 08:52

I had the same fear of over doing it with wood but you are correct it is such a warm feeling inside. I would add as much interior wood that you want/can afford (it's pricey).

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.