Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 8x16 cabin build Texas
<< . 1 . 2 .
daniel_hawkins
# Posted: 23 Jan 2017 10:52

We have had a busy year but, not much was done out at the lake. Sorry for standing all of you up for 10 months. We did not get construction done by September of 2016 as planned. I took a new job, we got married, and we became the proud owners of a new Vizsla puppy. So we have had a lot going on to distract from the build.
The few things we did get done are: stairs installed up to the loft, rough in for electricity, we got the power company to drop a pole and transformer, installed the meter loop on the pole and, are officially electrified as of last week.
All that's left is to make the electrical connections inside and we are ready for plumbing. Thank you to everyone for following our somewhat slow progress.
Old ugly, glad to hear the system has worked out in the long run, thanks.
Hattie, thank you. We are very excited at how it is all turning out.
Abby, here come some long awaited updates.

daniel_hawkins
# Posted: 23 Jan 2017 11:00

Here are some new pictures
New pole
New pole
Meter loop
Meter loop
Electric rough in
Electric rough in
New stairs
New stairs

daniel_hawkins
# Posted: 23 Jan 2017 11:02

Here is the new pup, her name is Bryn (like brinn or Dr. Quinn )
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG

sparky30_06
# Posted: 24 Jan 2017 15:20

Nice looking build. I'm just north of D'Hanis. You are just to the east of my hunters shack that I am trying to get finished up and already planning phase two expansion. I built mine with no insulation in the floor. Didn't want any mice or rats getting in there. The expansion will be a larger sleeping bunk house so might insulate the floor on that one.

daniel_hawkins
# Posted: 24 Jan 2017 16:19

Yes I've been wondering about that. I think I will remove the insulation and enclose the crawl space. It really doesn't get that cold here, if I stop the wind blowing through that area I could heat it slightly during very cold weather if needed.
Yes we are already talking about another addition ourselves, that won't happen till we move out there.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 25 Jan 2017 06:53

I'm thinking about a mini split ac/heater so I should be good year round. might be a little cold on the feet in January but I'll put a throw rug down

daniel_hawkins
# Posted: 25 Jan 2017 09:35

That's a good idea, we Will use window unit for ac because we had it already and will use electric heaters. We plan to upgrade to a minibsplit after a season or two. Once we get a good idea of what the addition will involve.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.