Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / A carving I finally finished
neb
# Posted: 5 Jun 2016 12:28

Here is a carving I started back in January and just finished it up a week ago, It seems since I retired I have less time to do things. Lol

Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Jun 2016 17:44

Great Work Neb... That's beautiful, thanks for sharing your Gifted Talent.

I saw something the other day which made me immediately think of your works... Someone carved a pair of bears out of a huge maple tree stump in front of their home.

neb
# Posted: 5 Jun 2016 19:14

I sometimes like to share my carvings on here mostly because no other people get to see them. This will go most likely for charity and I will never see it again and no one else will either.

Thank you for the kind words Steve_S

Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Jun 2016 19:24

That's great sending it to a charity who can use it for fund raising. My Hats Off to you Sir !

naturelover66
# Posted: 6 Jun 2016 07:16

Love it! Youre truely talented Neb.
Have a great day!!!
Lisa

neb
# Posted: 6 Jun 2016 14:14

naturelover66>>> thank you again and have a great day.

FishHog
# Posted: 6 Jun 2016 19:09

beautiful Neb, my father carved, I was always amazed with the patience and talent carvers have. Mrs Fishie keeps asking me when I'm going to grow into that level of patience.

hattie
# Posted: 6 Jun 2016 23:38

So much talent! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Asher
# Posted: 7 Jun 2016 07:47

Neb,
Have you considered putting up your masterpiece on here for highest bid (with a reserve amount/by a certain date) and then donating the money to your charity of choice? That might be a win/win, someone on here could enjoy your artwork and you could still help out your favorite charity... I would hate to see some "snotty party" get this and hide it in a basement corner to not be admired like it should be...

jaransont3
# Posted: 7 Jun 2016 08:02

Great job Neb!

neb
# Posted: 7 Jun 2016 08:28

Thank you for all the kind words! I just want to say I post a picture of my carvings not to get a pat on the back but to let some people see them. I see them and then they are gone not sure where they go. I do thank you again for looking thanks.

Asher >>> I will think about that. I can tell you I don't like selling that is why when I give them away for charity groups I don't have to sell. I'm not sure if that makes sense to you. I'm also not sure how my work really compares to others. I'm very armature with no training I just start and the carving takes me to the end.

Asher
# Posted: 7 Jun 2016 23:50

I understand completely on the "selling things" part... But if you decide to do it, maybe just start with saying, auctioning off my masterpiece for charity, highest bidder by midnight xx/xx/xxxx will win it, all money (less shipping cost) will be donated to xxx charity... Bidding starts at $xxx.xx

Don't fool yourself about you abilities, that picture is one of the finest carvings I have ever seen... your hands are true tools of a craftsman/artist...

neb
# Posted: 8 Jun 2016 19:41

Very kind words Asher. At some time I may have to do something like that. Maybe some kind of game and I will give one away to the winner. Let me think about that and I will need to carve one more at sometime but I will keep that thought and idea as something I could do.

Thank you again.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 27 Feb 2017 06:52

Looks great Neb. Now is this chainsaw or something else? I got a chainsaw with a pencil bar. I want to try to carve but I didn't try it out yet. I just love the chainsaw carvings.

neb
# Posted: 27 Feb 2017 11:40

No the work I do is all one chip at a time. Some home made tools and some bought hand held gouges etc. No electric tools or gas operated just old fashion hand tools and of course sand paper to finish it up.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.