Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 24 X 26 Cabin build in Vermont
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Great Outdoors
# Posted: 15 Jan 2019 15:44

So it's been quite some time since I last posted any updates. I haven't done any work on the outside since the weather turned to crap in November. I have been plucking away at running the plumbing venting above the ceiling and insulating it as well as doing a little wiring. Here is the where the outside stands as of now. I am still waiting for the roofer to come and install the standing seam roof on the entrance overhang.
IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2021.jpg
IMG_2021.jpg
IMG_2040.jpg
IMG_2040.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 15 Jan 2019 15:45

Here are a few more of the exterior.
IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2008.jpg

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 15 Jan 2019 15:57 - Edited by: Great Outdoors

Here are a few of the venting and ceiling insulation. It starts out with R-30 at the bottom, R-27 polyiso on the slant, and finally two layers of R-30 in the actual ceiling. I used Owens Corning Raft-R-Mate baffle vents for between the Kraft faced insulation and the roof decking and then 1 1/2 in spacers under the polyiso insulation to allow for proper venting up to the ridge vent.
IMG_2234.jpg
IMG_2234.jpg
IMG_2271.jpg
IMG_2271.jpg
IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2264.jpg
IMG_2264.jpg

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 15 Jan 2019 16:09

couple more... My dad helped me cut and place the polyiso insulation... what a messy and dusty material to work with. I purchased a special 6 inch jigsaw blade made for cutting insulation but this stuff was too dense and thick so the blade wandered.. I ended up using a skill saw on one side which made a huge mess and the jigsaw with foam blade to finish from the other which seemed to work ok.
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 19 Feb 2019 23:12

Finally finished up insulating the cabin the other day. I have been plucking away at it whenever I got the chance. I will work on the wiring when I get a chance but not until after we return from vacation. Sugaring will be starting soon as well and I owe my brother some time for his help and the use of his excavator so it might be awhile before I can get any more serious work done at the cabin.

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 9 Mar 2019 21:15

My Dad came up yesterday and helped me put up the downstairs bedroom partitions and we framed up the closet near the front door.. another hour of so and the downstairs inside walls will be all framed in. Still need to get the wiring done but I decided I will try to get all the inside walls framed up if possible before sugaring starts and I need help my Dad and Brother with that.

Brettny
# Posted: 12 Mar 2019 15:37

Your moving along really quick.

What program did you use to make the drawings in your first post?

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 12 Mar 2019 23:24

Thanks Brettny.. I didn't use any program, those are all just hand drawings I came up with on graph paper. It took several hours and revisions before I came up with my final design. Lots of tweaking and shifting things around in order to make everything fit and function. It was a fun process.

Brettny
# Posted: 13 Mar 2019 10:50

Damn your good

Great Outdoors
# Posted: 15 Mar 2019 02:34

LOL, thanks Brettny. I actually enjoyed the process. Working with graph paper makes the drawing and planning much easier. I used to draw a lot when I was a kid but haven't really since then. This gave me an opportunity to do it again! I am working on the future kitchen cabinet sketch right now. I had one done but have since added a couple of feet to the wall they will go on as well as a 70" L section so I will have to redo it. All first floor partitions are up now so I will be plucking away at the wiring when time allows.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.