Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My cabin in MT
redneckpaul
# Posted: 11 Jan 2019 22:52

Longtime lurker first Post. Great site, so much information here! I finally was able to make my dream a reality. 09/21015 I bought 28 acres and 06/2016 I had a cabin on it. More information to come. A couple pics in winter and spring.
cabin spring
cabin spring
cabin winter
cabin winter

fiftyfifty
# Posted: 12 Jan 2019 08:44

Nice looking cabin, nice looking land, bluebird sky, wow. Looks like you walk in in the winter. So do we. Our walk is ~1.5 miles, and although it is an inconvenience, it does make the arrival feel special.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Jan 2019 09:23

eastern MT, recognize those rolling grasslands, they go on for miles, and you really see where the term "big sky country" came from.

What is the tall pole for, antenna?

Eddy G
# Posted: 13 Jan 2019 17:35

Welcome.
That's some really OPEN land you got there... Beautiful spot...

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 13 Jan 2019 20:00

I love the contrast between the photos! Welcome to the forum.

redneckpaul
# Posted: 14 Jan 2019 15:58 - Edited by: redneckpaul

Thanks everybody for the welcome.
The hardest part of this adventure was finding the property that has everything I wanted.
Most important I wanted solitude, good access and most important to do anything I wanted to do.
I finally found this property 18 miles from town. 25 minutes from my house to the cabin. I live in a one stoplight town so getting out of town takes about a minute. 28 acres surrounded by 2 sections (1280 acres) of state land on 2 sides and the other boundary is a county road. It`s not at the end of the road, there`s a cow camp at the end of the road.
First thing I did was put up a outhouse. We thought about building our own cabin but decided on a local outfit that builds cabins. They have a good reputation and free delivery within 50 miles. They build them electrical ready. You can see in the pics we have electricity on the property but havn`t hooked up yet. We use a generator for power.
front of cabin
front of cabin
storage shed/outhouse
storage shed/outhouse
generator house
generator house
cabinouthouse
cabinouthouse

redneckpaul
# Posted: 14 Jan 2019 16:04

More pics
looking southwest
looking southwest
view from porch
view from porch
northeast
northeast
proprty entrance
proprty entrance

redneckpaul
# Posted: 14 Jan 2019 16:08 - Edited by: redneckpaul

Inside cabin
inside1
inside1
HPIM0993.JPG
HPIM0993.JPG
inside 3
inside 3
inside4
inside4

redneckpaul
# Posted: 14 Jan 2019 16:13

You guessed it, eastern MT.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 10 Feb 2019 10:17

That’s a very nice looking cabin! Although it is so much different than Alaska it has its own beauty. I have driven through Mt on the hwy a few times. The views in eastern Mt are exploding with color in different times of the year. But even winter is nice.
But as you mentioned, the solitude is the first thing I noticed. It is my priority. Looks like you have a great spot for target shooting.
Welcome from me , congrats on the start of more cool memories.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 11 Feb 2019 08:19

Makes me want to come visit the breaks again. I went on my first hunt in a small town up that way, Winifred, 30 years ago.

redneckpaul
# Posted: 11 Feb 2019 20:45

Quoting: sparky30_06
Makes me want to come visit the breaks again. I went on my first hunt in a small town up that way, Winifred, 30 years ago.

I think you meant Winnett, MT

sparky30_06
# Posted: 13 Feb 2019 06:53

Quoting: redneckpaul
I think you meant Winnett, MT

LOL no go about an hour and half north west of you.

Up near the Breaks.

redneckpaul
# Posted: 13 Feb 2019 12:28

Quoting: sparky30_06
Quoting: redneckpaulI think you meant Winnett, MTLOL no go about an hour and half north west of you.Up near the Breaks.

Ya I found Winifred, never been there, Missouri Breaks are a broad term that covers 150 miles or so. Beautiful Country, some of it very remote. Hunted the area a north of Winnet for lot of years. Lots of elk and mule deer. My Cabin is in the sarpy country east of Hardin, similar to the breaks.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 14 Feb 2019 08:19

Someday I will get back up there, it's been way to long. Just wish Montana Non Resident deer and elk tags were cheaper.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.