Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My future project. And first off grid.
Duckgun35
# Posted: 6 Feb 2019 03:47 - Edited by: Duckgun35

I am planning on doing this as a off grid in West Virginia. House has been in family for generations. Sitting empty for over a decade on 90 acres. I have been doing research but I know there is always something forgotten. Any advise before beginning. Thanks
IMG_20181019_134759..jpg
IMG_20181019_134759..jpg
IMG_20181019_134832..jpg
IMG_20181019_134832..jpg
IMG_20181229_125437..jpg
IMG_20181229_125437..jpg

fiftyfifty
# Posted: 6 Feb 2019 07:44

Oh, that is going to be fun. When was the first picture taken and when was the last? Have you found a source for replacement logs or do you plan to cut them yourself?

Rory
# Posted: 6 Feb 2019 19:35

Looks like a big project you have ahead of you. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Should be a beautiful place when its all done.

beachman
# Posted: 8 Feb 2019 10:38

The one on the left looks quite salvageable. The one on the right - fence off and call ruins IMHO. Sometimes things cannot be efficiently saved. There may be sentimental reasons for spending a lot of cash to resurrect an old building, but usually does not make economic sense.

We had an older place that we agonized over for years and finally decided on a replacement - made far better sense to us. But because we are stubborn, we continue to fix up the "old" place. It is much easier having another place to call base while we fix the older place. Now we have two places to maintain.

The cabin with you (?) in the pic looks quite savable and with a lot of TLC, will be a great project. Beautiful property! Good luck!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.