Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our little cabin in St Helen Mi
fast6
# Posted: 5 Mar 2019 19:30

We just bought this little place in Mi. The trails are great in the area and even though were not out away from the town, the location is still quiet and close to lake and all trails. [img=null]null[/img]
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG
IS6i5yxnn9etu6100000.jpg
IS6i5yxnn9etu6100000.jpg
IS6q3asgnwmkf6100000.jpg
IS6q3asgnwmkf6100000.jpg
IS6i9to090w117100000.jpg
IS6i9to090w117100000.jpg

fast6
# Posted: 5 Mar 2019 19:32

We're in St Helen Mi. We live in Ontario so it's only about a 4hr drive to get there with traffic and border playing nice.

frankpaige
# Posted: 5 Mar 2019 19:46

It's an exciting time, isn't it. Enjoy.
Did building rules/regulations come into play on your choice of property?

fast6
# Posted: 5 Mar 2019 20:29 - Edited by: fast6

Yes....I want to build a garage / storage area and was concerned about regulations & issues but I think I'm fine. I love the feeling being there and in the big picture, that's what we're all after I would assume.
That feeling you get when pull in to the cabin and leave day to day life behind!
There are some amazing cabins on this forum. It really is a great source of info and ideas for all of us breaking into the cabin lifestyle. (we are previous rv'rs - toyhaulers)

Gary O
# Posted: 5 Mar 2019 21:20

THAT….is a sweet sweet looking cabin

And the grounds are so pleasing

A wonderful place to unwind, you bet

And welcome to the forum

A great place to dream up your build
...and build up your dream

fast6
# Posted: 6 Mar 2019 07:52

Thanks!
I could spend hours on here looking at the fantastic cabins people have built. It truly is a different state of mind when at the cabin.
I'm pulling the back porch off and redoing it fully across the back. Using cedar posts and extending it out to give a larger footprint to sit and enjoy. Love having a place to work on again!

beachman
# Posted: 6 Mar 2019 09:50

Really nice!

Eddy G
# Posted: 6 Mar 2019 11:30

Quoting: fast6
The trails are great in the area to

What kind of trails? Hiking, snowmobile, ATV stuff?
We’ve got all kinds of trails in our area of New Hampshire too but just haven’t gotten enough opportunities to enjoy them yet...a little snow shoeing and short hikes but I’m really looking forward to doing more and more outdoors now that re-construction re-modeling is getting closer to an end (or manageable)

fast6
# Posted: 6 Mar 2019 13:34

St Helen area is well know for the ATV/ORV trails and Sled trails in the winter. We rode all last summer but I have to say, we have hardly seen any of the vast amount of trails.
Will hopefully get lots of riding and exploring in this year!
Kayaks are on the soon to get list lol......
New Hampshire looks great! I've seen some shows on the area.

Eddy G
# Posted: 7 Mar 2019 04:12

Our cabin is on a pond that’s fed and feeds other streams and lakes so we’re able to enjoy our kayaks on regular basis. I like getting going out for an hour so early morning before breakfast or after a good days work. I’ve researched atv/utv’s a little. I was thinkingi side by side but now leaning a soiled ride on to do some work, plow snow on the property and then cruise the trails. Haven’t been able to decide yet but hope to pull the trigger by next winter.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.