Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our sheds are here!
mj1angier
# Posted: 17 Jun 2019 21:26

Hello from NC foothills.
My wife and I went in with friends to get 20 ac in the NC foothills. Short plan is to have pre-made sheds on site to use as camping cabins. Long range plans (5-7) will be log homes for retirement.

NC law is that as long you do not occupy a build for 24 hr consecutively and have no plumping or shore power, it can classify as a primitive camp. So we ordered 3 sheds from Pine View Builders. They delivered 2 of them this weekend.

We are also having a central composting toilet. Built a raised deck for it. I was a bit taller than needed, but will give us a storage area under it.

Solar power and gennys will be the power supply. Outdoor propane shower is next on build list. Right now using a trap around 3 trees, lol
two_cabins.jpg
two_cabins.jpg
crpper.jpg
crpper.jpg

Brettny
# Posted: 18 Jun 2019 10:21

So you stay in each shed one night then switch? Thats a good odea.

mj1angier
# Posted: 18 Jun 2019 12:00

No, just can't stay inside 24hrs. You have to go outside. It can't be used as primary residence. Only as a "camping" building

Jrbrandt25
# Posted: 18 Jun 2019 14:25

Good deal!,my cabins in nc as well,way west side,looking forward to doing the same as you are my mom calls them her she shed.

Brettny
# Posted: 18 Jun 2019 15:25

Lol who stays inside 24hrs a day.

mj1angier
# Posted: 19 Jun 2019 14:15

Quoting: Jrbrandt25
my mom calls them her she shed

Yeah, this is my wife, her best friend and best friends moms, and me.

They started that she-sheds stuff.... I told them every time they said it, there would be one less thing "he" does around there, LOL

The sheds are from Pine Wood Builders. They have been great so far. They have basic wiring- you could hook a genny up to it and go- but I plan to add solar/ genny combo to ours

mj1angier
# Posted: 19 Jun 2019 14:18

Quoting: Brettny
Lol who stays inside 24hrs a day

Here is the bill:
https://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2013/Bills/House/PDF/H774v4.pdf

mj1angier
# Posted: 25 Jun 2019 23:23

Last shed came in today. next is windows and solar in mine and insulation in all. Then deck, ceilings, walls, floor covering...lol
three_little_pigs.jp.jpg
three_little_pigs.jp.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.