Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / "Water BOB" Emergency Water Storage Bladder
rockies
# Posted: 21 Jul 2016 19:55

I read about this in a Disaster Prepping Book. It sure beats filling pots and buckets in an emergency.

https://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do;jsessionid=F341BA77E811F4669BF1A2BE9D6B06D4

hattie
# Posted: 21 Jul 2016 22:31

I've actually looked at these. The main problem is that in the majority of times you won't know that you will be out of water until you are out of water. I doubt if there will be many situations where you will get a warning that the water will be out in "x" number of hours or days.

Gary O
# Posted: 21 Jul 2016 22:34

My exact thoughts, hattie.

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 22 Jul 2016 11:31 - Edited by: Jabberwocky

@ Gary O and Hattie:

Yes and no. I guess it depends on the disaster that causes the outage.

At my folks house (and eventually mine once it is built) we run on a well, which, of course requires electricity to pump. No electricity, no water. Electricity being off long enough to make going without water a real problem usually only happens in wintertime during an ice storm. We have plenty of warning when an ice storm is severe enough to down power lines. So that would indeed be a case in which this contraption would be of benefit.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 22 Jul 2016 15:44

you can still get water out of the well even if power is out. the pump is below the water line so there is still room to get an additional line down to the water and other means to bring it to the surface.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.