Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Beaded Pine Plywood for Ceilings
rockies
# Posted: 24 May 2017 20:30

On Sarah's House 2 the designer was finishing the underside of the carport ceiling and she used beaded pine plywood (I'm guessing exterior grade at about a 1/2" or more thickness). This would also make a great interior ceiling finish.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ply-Bead-Plywood-Siding-Plybead-Panel-Common-11-32-in-x-4- ft-x-8-ft-Actual-0-313-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-538281/100080170

Bexeler
# Posted: 24 May 2017 20:50

We are planning on using this for the walls in our place.

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 26 May 2017 09:10

Would this sag on 24" o.c. straps you think? We still haven't decided what to put on our ceiling.

Cowracer
# Posted: 26 May 2017 10:26

That sure looks a lot better for a cabin than the standard "bead board". If I ever decide that my bathroom walls need finished, I'll have to get some.

rockies
# Posted: 26 May 2017 19:27

I doubt it would sag since it's one solid panel rather than a lot of thin boards. Why not just add another piece of strapping in between the 24 on center ones and use PL Premium glue on that strap to secure the center of the panel (if you don't want to add more nails in the middle of the panel).

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 31 May 2017 08:39

^^^ Yeah that could work. I'm going to get a quote on going with sheetmetal first and then we'll decide from there. Other things (like plumbing) are taking priority right now.

creeky
# Posted: 31 May 2017 09:03

I did my bathroom in the previous home with real beadboard. You can find it at custom wood trim makers. Solid clear pine with a real deep groove. Ka$hing. but a real nice look.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.