Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / To Protect Your Lungs from Wildfire Smoke
rockies
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 19:28

Saw this in the news about the types of masks you should wear in case of wildfire smoke.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-wildfire-mask-safety-20181115-sto ry.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fs cience+%28L.A.+Times+-+Science%29

How many people consider the fine particulates of smoke that might be inside their cabins from wood stoves?

paulz
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 21:41 - Edited by: paulz

I'm currently in the path of the smoke from the Camp fire in California. Today was the worst day yet, looks like another planet outside and smells like burning tires. Schools are closed, lots of people wearing masks. No winds in the forecast, looks like it will be awhile.

My wife has been staying indoors, I've been working outside as usual, no mask. May get one tomorrow.

It took me quite awhile to learn to open the wood stove door slowly to avoid a face full of smoke. But yeah, I breath a lot of it over winter.

Borrego
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 22:37

In a pinch, you can also wet a bandana and tie it over your face. old school, but pretty effective......

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.