Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Steam Shower Doors
rockies
# Posted: 25 May 2019 19:31 - Edited by: rockies

I hate it when the bathroom fills with steam during a shower. You either have to leave the bath fan on for 20 minutes to clear out all the humidity or leave the bathroom door open until the room air dries out.

Just about every glass shower door I've looked at is only 72" high but then I stumbled across steam shower doors. They go right to the ceiling and keep all the steam in the shower compartment.
1customframelesss.jpg
1customframelesss.jpg
ee8a9ed17cd27f3ed231.jpg
ee8a9ed17cd27f3ed231.jpg

FishHog
# Posted: 25 May 2019 19:42

how do you dry out the shower compartment though? If you don't you will be cleaning mold all the time.

rockies
# Posted: 25 May 2019 20:22

The glass has a protective coating to help prevent mold or mildew but the best thing to do is to install a bath fan in the shower compartment.

That way you can clear out any excess steam that doesn't condense on the glass or tiles (which would be much faster than clearing out steam from an entire room).

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.