Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / favorite tv show
. 1 . 2 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 23 Apr 2011 11:29

what is your favorite tv show??
we always watch hunting n the weekend in the early morning hours with our coffee.
one of my shows i watch over and over is SWAMP PEOPLE.Love this show.me and the grandsons and gar like it alot.
I like the nature of the show and the fellows all are pretty interesting.
what about u??

naturelover66
# Posted: 23 Apr 2011 13:25

Well, ive already admitted growing up it was "Grissly Adams". As an adult im disgusted with whats on TV...... therefore, i catch a few minutes of the news in the morning.....and thats it.
I recently told my hubby i could live without TV all together- His head about spun around on his shoulders. If he cant watch Hockey Night in Canada ( or Hockey in general) hes a bear.

I HATE any and all reality TV. I would rather be outdoors :)

cabingal3
# Posted: 23 Apr 2011 15:36

well i guess cause i am from the south.the swamp people is a reality show.man! i love that show.
i sure agree on the horrid stuff on tv. a far cry from "father knows best".

hattie
# Posted: 23 Apr 2011 17:54

My favourite for awhile was "Corner Gas" - it reminded me of our town here. I have the entire series on DVD's. *S* I liked "Alaskan Gold" when it was on. "Grissly Adams" was FANTASTIC!!! I also like the "American Pickers" and "Canadian Pickers" shows too. *S*

Gary O
# Posted: 28 Apr 2011 12:05 - Edited by: Gary O

Well, cabi and I were quite fond of The Last of The Summer Wine while it lasted.
I do love British humor....not the zany stuff so much, but their dry wry wit that is so predominate twangs my funny bone.
Aside from that, the tube contains a bunch of rot...until a major tourney happens along.

Swamp People is quite entertaining, however, and not so contrived.
I just like to hear my Cajun brothers talk......especially during a Gumbo Ya Ya at a Zydeco, or during a Boucherie
It's my Envie, C'est tout...yeah, they butcher the English and French and turn it into something quite beautiful

cabingal3
# Posted: 19 Aug 2013 06:23

Been watching the episodes of mountain men.gosh.watching marty build a cabin in the Alaskan snow He is amazing.Eustace makes everything.ladders and his own lumber and shakes.amazing fella.theres a new guy George.i am sure gonna enjoy seeing what hes all about.its getting better.

TheWildMan
# Posted: 20 Aug 2013 16:00

I don't watch a lot of TV, I sure ain't gonna pay for sattelite and the antenna only picked up PBS and FOX before wind took it down.

i do watch a few shows but only afer they are released to dvd. Walking dead, simpsons, and family guy are a few of my favorates. unlike all the reality and drama these are not to be taken too seriously.

creeky
# Posted: 20 Aug 2013 16:59

hattie my sister met brent butt at the saskatoon airport. (lead character/writer Corner Gas). that's a great series. and canadians are know for great comics. for some reason.
(ps=saskatoon is the capital city of the Canadian province that Dog River resides in ;)
for off beat british tv lovers and techno geeks. it crowd was for me one of the funniest. but coupling is funny, smart, stockings.
my two bits. off to see if Netflix has Swamp People.

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Aug 2013 11:30

Quoting: creeky
off to see if Netflix has Swamp People

love swamp people.

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 22 Aug 2013 12:52

Don't watch much. I guess This Old House gives me warm and cozy feelings of being connected to man stuff and the bigger picture.

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 10:43

oh my gosh.did u see Marty build a log cabin on mountain men?that fella is something else.
TheCabinCalls.u are perfect in how u think ...love what u posted.thanks.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 12:15

I never watch any reality show. Everything I watch is on History, Discovery etc. I love Mountain Men, Axe Men, Gold Rush (Hoffmans) American Pickers (even if they drove up all the prices on neat cabin wall hangings I find by a long shot) like Pawn Stars. I love "This Old House" and that other one with Dean Johnson on PBS. I will watch some Spike TV on Saturday for the automotive stuff. I don't watch much TV really. In the evening is when I would and I spend lots of time ragchewing on my ham radio with friends throughout the state and surrounding states in the evening

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 10:56 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: cabingal3
did u see Marty build a log cabin on mountain men?

I like ole Marty on the show...and the ole trapper guy from Maine...both good dudes ( both have respect on the trapping forums and the real deal)

now "Use-less "Conway from NC..I wish they would take him the show.......old burnt out hippie...LOL

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 17:37

ha ha ha.thats so funny turkeyhunter.i always say "theres my man!" meaning Eustace.my grandson was puzzled.he said "granny,i thought pawpa was your man!!he says "I am telling grandpa!"
so pricelessly funny.
I like all the fella's on the show.if u get on fb.oh my gosh.everyone just wants the three orginal fella's.i like the new guy George.he seems to know a thing or two about a thing or two.i like them all.
when I cant be in my woods.i watch mountain men.lol

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 18:25 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

cabingal3---ole USEless Conway always looks like he needs a bath or 3...LOL
BUT my favorite TV show is Duck Dynasty...like ole Uncle Si on there...LOL

SFCLYNCH
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 18:49

I hate reality shows. Longmier, Mountain Men, Life below Zero, Alaska Toopers, Two and half men and mike and Molly.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 19:28

lol.turkeyhunter.thats so so funny.he sure does.ha ha ha.i sure agree with u on duck dynasty.love it.love ol magnum p Si..love old Si.he is such a kick.and love miss kay.what a little cooking gal she is.great show.

Kudzu
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 20:23

1. Duck Dynasty

2. NCIS reruns

3. Boardwalk (AOL)

SandyR
# Posted: 7 Oct 2013 16:01

We don't have tv reception in any way.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 31 Oct 2013 19:51

I'm with Kudzu::: Duck Dynasty

Salty Craig

adakseabee
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 18:25 - Edited by: adakseabee

My favorite of all time is 24, starring Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer in a USA-focused counter-terrorism thriller. Close behind in on-the-edge-of-your-seat drama it is another counter-terrorism show from BBC called MI-5. Another favorite of mine is also from BBC called Foyle's War, a British detective drama during and just after WW II. When I was a boy, I loved watching Jackie Gleason in the Jackie Gleason Show and The Honeymooners. And who could beat The Ed Sullivan Show for giving prime time to the biggest rock bands of the 60s? And, going back even farther in time, I remember enjoying The Howdy Doody Show, Captain Midnight, and Sky King. As you can see from this list, I am not a fan of any of the reality TV shows.

ClimberKev
# Posted: 2 Dec 2013 22:50

Perfect series for the cabin... Northern Exposure.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 3 Dec 2013 21:08

I don't have cable. The only thing we can watch on our tv are DVD movies. I watch some shows Online on Hulu(the free version) or Netflix. If I need to spend time in a hotel on a layover I will watch HGTV. I love home remodeling shows,House Hunters and House Hunters International.

Downtown Abby,Antiques Roadshow(love,love this show),Parks and Receration(funniest show on the air),Breaking Bad(I have yet to watch the end, waiting on Netflix).

When I was a kid,The Brady Bunch,Gunsmoke,The Partridge Family,The Walton's and Little House.

beachman
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 08:04

Adakseabee - your shows bring back memories for me too - I was a big fan of Laurel & Hardy and the 3 Stooges back then when Saturday morning was TV time for kids. Paladin was my favorite show then - now its Big Bang Theory. Breaking Bad is great - got a couple more episodes to watch - pretty amazing. Loved the first season of Homeland but never got back to it. In Canada - The Rick Mercer Report is very good.

spoofer
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 08:16

Shameless It's the most 'shameful' show on tv.

ILFE
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 08:25

Another vote for NCIS - and NCIS- Los Angeles.

Don't even own a television. Watch shows on a 24" computer monitor, currently.

naturelover66
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 18:41

Remember " The Wonder Years"? Loved that show......... and yes, Northern Exposure....

keljohnso
# Posted: 5 Dec 2013 08:55

Buying Alaska and Buying the Bayou

I love it when they want to true Alaskan experience, but are shocked when there's an outhouse.

The Mentalist
Elementary
Alaska the last frontier
Gold Rush
Bearing Sea Gold
Full Throttle

beachman
# Posted: 6 Dec 2013 17:56

I should add since I am off the grid at the camp - no TV so I do not watch much in the summer. Too much nature to enjoy.

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Dec 2013 18:49

My reception is very limited to a half dozen stations here.I watch a lot of PBS shows.Local news channels if they are coming in alright.Wished I could get reception to all these neat show's you all mention.I have a digital antenna up as high as I could get it but with being in the valley and with the woods all around except to the west,T.V. is limited.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.