Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Magic Mesh Screen door
darz5150
# Posted: 3 Jun 2012 17:59

We just bought one the magic mesh screen doors that you see on commercials. $15 bucks at family dollar store. I recently cut a hole in the back of "The Shack" so we had easier access to the patio/griillin/outside living room area.
I basically framed out and chopped a door hole in the outside OSB, added hinges and made the outside of it look like a barn door.
This thing basically hangs in the opening with velcro or thumbtacks, and it is split down the middle and connects with magnets. It really does work like the commercial says, just walk thru it and click, click,click, the magnets close it behind you.

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 22:39

thats pretty nifty there.
we want to get some of those magic mesh screen doors too.we just wanted to hear how people liked them and if they worked good.thanks for this post.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 12 Jun 2012 21:53

I bought some of that from Wal Mart and it lasted one weekend before it tore. I was not thoroughly impressed.

darz5150
# Posted: 18 Jun 2012 21:03

sorry to here that bzzzt. so far so good with ours. We have had children and grand children and also beer drinking guests every weekend since we put ours up and no problems at all. we liked it so much I bought another. Every one loves it. I told everyone I was thinking about replacing the outhouse door with it for" better ventilation and lighting"......... oh well.... maybe not LOL.Anyway we like ours.

cabingal3
# Posted: 19 Jun 2012 14:15

well come to find out.gar made our own magic mesh screen.i hope he makes some for our cabin so the next time we go-we can have a cool breeze going thru but not bugs.
he got a long strip of screen and he put a wood strip at the top and one at the bottom.the weight from the strip at the bottom holds the screen in place there and the top-well honestly i dont know how he has it up above the door.cost 7$.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.