Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / What do you drive?
. 1 . 2 . >>
Cooks Dock
# Posted: 24 Oct 2012 21:29

Just bought my second Jeep. This one is a Wrangler, had a Cherokee before, amongst others. I actually got rid of my Yamaha quad to buy the Jeep. What gets you to and from paradise?

Borrego
# Posted: 24 Oct 2012 22:16

Wife and I have 3 vehicles: My '03 jeep Wrangler and '00 Chevy Silverado, plus her '06 Jeep Liberty. So it depends on what we're doing....since we're in the process of building right now, most trips involve materials and supplies, so it's the Chevy. Occasionally we don't need the truck, but still have to work, so then it's her Liberty. Then when it's time for desert 4 wheelin', out goes the Wrangler... pretty good combo for us!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 24 Oct 2012 23:34

2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD Cummins Diesel 6 spd manual shifter. Hauls my enclosed 16 foot trailer, and anything I take to work on the cabin. Hauled it all, and with ease.

Wife drives a 4WD Toyota Highlander. Also have a Corolla and a Tercel. Corolla is my commuter, Tercel is the wifes commuter.

I just sold my Tacoma 4WD, sold my 98 Chev K1500 and sold my 92 Chev C2500 diesel.

Down to just 4 vehicles now. Had 7 for a little while. It was nuts shuffling things around to get access to one or another.

I also have a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650 dual sport. That would be fun to zip over to the cabin. But it wouldnt haul my Honda gennie, so no go!

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 09:00

Sold our Jeep YJ when we had number 2 and it sat more and more.

Now we have a Caravan. I know it sounds lame, but listen to all we have hauled:
- canoe, jon boat
- 4x8 sheets of drywall and osb with hatch closed
- dishwasher, mircowave, range and two car seats
- fridge, two car seats, dolly and side chair
- our entire kitchen full of cabinets from states away
- 54 bags of mulch
- 26 rolls of R-30 batt insulation
- 4 boxes of 12' siding (ran them up to the windshield)
- lots of lumber up to 16'
- queen mattress
- all the furniture in our cabin

bobbotron
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 10:11

I have a 2005 Subaru forester. Great little SUV, tows trailers, goes soft roading great, tears up the dirt roads near our place and is fun on the road.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 10:30 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

I love my mini van. I bought it new in 1996 and still drive it. We take our Ford F 150 4x4 Crew Cab up to the cabin. I spend most of my time driving a Freightliner.
Just got my million mile safe driver award!
Just got my million mile safe driver award!
The trusty mini van
The trusty mini van
Moose guard on the Ford
Moose guard on the Ford

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 10:30

Quoting: TheCabinCalls
Now we have a Caravan. I know it sounds lame, but listen to all we have hauled:

LOL!!! I know...like it or not the mini vans are just so darn versatile that once ya own one it is hard to justify buying anything else!!!!

My van has 196,000 miles on it and it just keeps going-seating for all the grandkids carseats plus us-that amazing automatic sliding side doors makes it so convenient and the ease at which the seats either fold forward or pop out completely is awesome!

We also have hauled A TON of stuff to our cabin or even around town...oh and those little side venting windows in the back...they make a great place for extra long lumber to stick out

Mr. Troll drives a full size passenger van for work-we always have the passenger vans because then we can have enough seating in them when we need it and he likes the visibility out the side windows. Same deal...for work just the two front seats-if we take his van up north then we pop in a bench seat and still have tons of space for hauling everything we need to-if we want to avoid pulling a trailer we even stick the riding lawn tractor or the 4 wheeler in the back!
Oct._13142012up_n.jpg
Oct._13142012up_n.jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:33

jeep...

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:48

FYI - similar thread: What vehicles do you use to get to your property?

Anonymous
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 13:55

<I love my mini van. I bought it new in 1996 and still drive it. We take our Ford F 150 4x4 Crew Cab up to the cabin. I spend most of my time driving a Freightliner.>

Congrats on ur million mile award silverwaterlady. Do u drive for Schneider?

hitanktank
# Posted: 4 Nov 2012 20:36

my parents up the wall

trollbridge
# Posted: 4 Nov 2012 21:03

Quoting: hitanktank
my parents up the wall

46 and still driving them up the wall?!?!!! LOL!

hitanktank
# Posted: 5 Nov 2012 00:31

oh ya I manage to do it in some form or another, even at this age

Bevis
# Posted: 7 Nov 2012 12:46

97 Jeep Wrangler ( My Toy), Swamp Buggy (for Hunting)
10 F150 my everyday vehicle...then every third day I ride shotgun in an International 4300 Ambulance, if not in my supervisor truck.

TheWildMan
# Posted: 7 Nov 2012 16:26

mongoose paver, tricked out with oversize cargo baskets on the front and back, with a cargo trailer i built out of one oof those childcarrier trailers (removed all but metal frame and axle, installed a cargo bin on it) can haul myself and about 250 lb of cargo, use it to run 24 miles to town and back. my friends say my calves arelike watermellons (legs bulge like popeyes arms)

Montanagirl
# Posted: 8 Nov 2012 12:08

'02 Jeep TJ
'62 Willy's truck
truck.jpg
truck.jpg
water20crossing2..jpg
water20crossing2..jpg

neb
# Posted: 23 Nov 2012 23:17

TheWildMan
Do you bike the 24 miles each day to work?

bobrok
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 17:21

I'm giving my '01 Cherokee to my son who needs it and, after a 5-year long argument with myself broke down and bought a new p/u.
2012 Nissan Frontier 4WD; my first truck and I'm sorry I waited this long to get one.

customrunner
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 18:42

2009 H3

ErinsMom
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 18:51

have 4runner, tacoma 4 wheel drive and rav. all used.

neb
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 19:12

Chev Colorado.

BoatMan
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 19:16

Ford Ranger 2WD long bed. I sleep in the back of it.
010.JPG
010.JPG

BoatMan
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 19:32 - Edited by: BoatMan

"..mongoose paver, tricked out with oversize cargo baskets on the front and back, with a cargo trailer i built out of one oof those childcarrier trailers (removed all but metal frame and axle, installed a cargo bin on it) can haul myself and about 250 lb of cargo, use it to run 24 miles to town and back. my friends say my calves arelike watermellons (legs bulge like popeyes arms).."

Until the end of August I was commuting to work (during decent weather) on a 1973 Schwinn Continental 10-speed with dual folding Wald baskets hung on a steel Wald cargo rack. Since the beginning of Sept. my primary commuter is a Ross Pegasus (essentially a mountain bike fitted with fenders and generator lights and sold in the 80's as a commuter). I added additional LED lights and the folding baskets.

Have not had much time to use it lately but when i want to take my homemade solo canoe down to the river I haul it on a homemade trailer behind a 1974 Continental that apparently was fitted with flat bars by the selling dealer, and which I converted from 10-speed to 15-speed (which was not worth doing).

Cyclists rule.
Canoe__bike.jpg
Canoe__bike.jpg

Cooks Dock
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 20:40

Sweet rig....what do you get ????? 100mp litre H2O

BoatMan
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 20:51

It takes something a bit stronger than H20 to fuel this old man these days...

neb
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 20:59 - Edited by: neb

BoatMan

That is a cool rig! What part of the country are you from?

neb
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 23:11

Montanagirl
That 62 willy should be the ride to church each week! That is a nice machine.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 23:23

Thanks Neb. . . I have to admit. . . it is like having my own parade every time I drive it. LOL

BoatMan
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 18:37

"...What part of the country are you from?..."

Missouri

neb
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 18:46

BoatMan
The reason I asked is that I knew it was the Missouri River in the pictures just didn't know what state. Thanks

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.