Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / When you were a kid. Stories and pictures, this will be good!
<< . 1 . 2 .
spoofer
# Posted: 13 Dec 2014 20:48

Owen

That motor bke your sitting on looks like a dream machine. They are highly collectable these days.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 13 Dec 2014 21:49

Brand new from the Sears catalog for $350 in 1966.

Dillio187
# Posted: 17 Dec 2014 13:33

Quoting: ShabinNo5
We still have an Ice Cream truck that wonders the streets of Lino Lakes. For some reason our grand-daughter can sleep though a thunder storm, but wakes up to the ice cream bell in a few seconds

nothing like seeing this a year and a half later, but yes Lino does still have one. It's gotta be mid-80s vintage and painted just like I remember when I was a kid in the 80s. Oh and hello, neighbor

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 18 Dec 2014 15:22 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

I came down and built this in Lino Lakes this summer. Does your neighbor have a new shed?

Owen
Lino Lakes shed
Lino Lakes shed

rayyy
# Posted: 18 Dec 2014 16:58

No one ever believes me when I tell them we had a 2 hole outhouse for our bathroom and the only water supply was a pitcher pump in a hand dug well out on the porch and Mom washed our cloths in a washtub of water with a scrub board..That's why this living in a cabin off grid comes so easy to me now.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Dec 2014 09:52

I here ya. My wife always says she'd like the cabin better if it had indoor bathroom. I tell her from the farm in the fifties, people thought it uncivilized to poop in the house.

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 20 Dec 2014 09:46

Greetings neighbor and Happy Holidays... Owen, nice shed. We may have to go hunting rayyy, when I was in my early teens, our scout troop was camping on an old homestead. The only building remaining was the outhouse. When boys are bored, the imagination takes off. We started to tear the structure apart to "Save" the occupant from the fire. The adults heard the destruction and put a halt to our fun, with the requirement that we put the outhouse back together. My first construction project and we had materials left over

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.