Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Vacation!!!!!!!!Mine.....Yours?
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 08:05

Yes , I'm getting out of the Northland for a while. With all the cold here, you'd think I'd be headed to the tropics. No, I'm headed to the Snowy Mts. of WY. Six of my snowmobile buddies and I are leaving on Thurs. for mountain top sledding. I hear It gets up to the mid. thirties there. Ahhh, the warmth will be wonderful.
view
view
me
me
on top
on top

bobrok
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 08:49

On our way to FL to find some warmth ourselves. About an hour north of Charlotte coming out of the VA mountains and we finally saw our last traces of ground snow. Lots of the east has white this year!

Dillio187
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 09:26

have fun Owen!

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Jan 2014 08:47

It's Thursday!!!!!! I know you must be excited!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME and report back with great stories, pics and in one piece.......machines and you! LOL

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 30 Jan 2014 09:29

Have fun Owen! Look forward to some fab photos of your adventures

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 17:38

I just got back and I've been missing you guys and gals. I didn't get hurt and all went quite well for all seven. It wasn't as warm as I figured it would be. It was just a little warmer than Northern , MN. Temps about ten below and warming to single digits in the mid day. Beautiful place, but hard to photograph, as it was snowing a lot or cloudy.
the Cabellas cabin
the Cabellas cabin
lunch break
lunch break
up at 11,000'
up at 11,000'
that's me
that's me

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 17:48

some more
trees
trees
peaks
peaks
caught me lookin'
caught me lookin'
pasted trees
pasted trees

MI drew
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 23:26

Looks awesome Owen! Can't wait to take a trip out west myself in a few years. Glad the trip went well. If you got more pix... would love to see them on here. Did you trailer out there or just fly out and rent?

Funny... All I hear all day is people complaining about all the cold and snow. We just got our plow bill in the mail for the cabin and was excited to see they had to do one extra run in January. Lol. Guess we're a different breed. I personally hope we're riding well into April.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 10:28

Well I've been complaining about the cold, not the snow. I'm addicted to off trail riding in deep snow, swamps, mountains, woods. I have my own long track machines and see no reason for short track sleds. We share the truck and trailer rides as well as rooms out West to keep the costs down. I've been going out since 1999 and have seen many mountain locations from BC to southern WY.
These pictures are in Northern , MN
late night
late night
shadow
shadow
wheely
wheely
eating out
eating out

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Feb 2014 13:15

Looks gorgeous Owen!
I am glad all went well....no injuries to man, sled, autos or trailers It's a good thing

Hasn't got any warmer here, has it? Tired of it. Boo!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Feb 2014 13:32

Yeah, I can't believe it, 18 below this morn. in Duluth. They say 20 above by Sun. Wow!
Yeah, I came home fine, but by noon at work, I have a bad back. I came home to rest. With a lot of ''sure'' you didn't get hurt on my trip.

Hope you are doing fine, we appreciate hearing from you.

O

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Feb 2014 16:35

Hope your back feels better soon....up to 3 degrees here now...whoweee!!

Martian
# Posted: 10 Feb 2014 16:56

Sometimes you have to go back to work to rest up from a good vacation. LOL Nothing like a little back pain to get you to slow down.

I must admit, the cold up here takes a bit of getting used to, but the snow really makes it hard to even assess what needs to be done to the new place. I still haven't seen the roof, but I did find a pile of metal roofing buried out front. Maybe next year I'll try some of the Winter activities.

I'll be heading back to Kansas in a few days. After this week in Wisconsin, 55F will seem tropical!

Tom

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.