- Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / alaskan bush people
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 20 May 2014 06:08

what do u all think of the new show "the alaskan bush people?"

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 20 May 2014 06:47

I watched it Sunday.....hard life for sure.

I wonder how they get their $$$?? Govt. assistance??
Even though they "live off the land"...$$ for clothes...some food...gas etc. and other supplies for a family that big is costly.

I have the TV set to watch the new episode tonight.

buksnbears
# Posted: 20 May 2014 07:07

i watched about 3 minutes of it.
then switched channels and clipped my toenails.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 May 2014 09:08

I like it. The kids all are well mannered, and work hard. They are a close family unit. I imagine they may be getting lots of $$$ and help from the show itself. I have been enjoying watching it. Tonight, they should get more of thier final cabin done. I think they have a run in with wolves.

10PM my time tonight.

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 May 2014 11:02

Toyota_mdt_tech...the dad has wrote three novels.
a wave in time
teacher of the old code
and one about a school boy in england i think.
they -from what i have heard live on a fishing boat for 6 months out of the year.i dont know if this means they are commerical fishermen.i hear the grown boys call dad-"skipper".
i know Alaska give yearly money to each house hold for the alaskan pipe line revenues.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/20/alaska-oil-wealth-checks_n_972489.html
they are quite different arent they?i like how u think.hard working and well mannered.
yes.we are interested too.
some things i dont get.like silt in the waters all around them.
cant u sieve the water thru like rocks,sands,and ashes from the wood pile to use?
how far is town for water?? in the winter i guess they will melt snow.
i would not want to move on the land with so many to suffer with cold,right at the start of winter.
and what wil they eat in the winter as i have not seen a stock of food.even my canned food freezes in our cabin in winter.i have to slice and dice it out.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 21 May 2014 09:01

Nice info cabingal. That is cool. Interesting, the accent, being from England explains that. Interesting on the books. That is income there too.

OK, last nights show, neighbors al pitched in and helped them get their drird in shell completed. Nice show. Lots of bartering and the boys kept their end of the deal. All locals seems to be very helpful to the family. Nice to see.

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 May 2014 14:56

it was and i love the cabin!

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 May 2014 06:51

http://www.alaskawildernessfamily.com/

cabingal3
# Posted: 23 May 2014 07:47

the littlest girls name is Merry Christmas Catherine Raindrop Brown.
how cute and exciting is this name?
also! the mother Ami has a cookbook coming out called "put something wild on your plate".i sure want that cookbook.
i dont know about the english accent.
they say they developed their own talk and accent.

cabingal3
# Posted: 31 May 2014 10:37

so what the heck?
the browns ran from their woods cause people were shooting at them.got a fishing boat.it sunk.now they are homeless.
waiting to see their next move.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 31 May 2014 19:17 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: cabingal3
so what the heck?
the browns ran from their woods cause people were shooting at them.got a fishing boat.it sunk.now they are homeless.
waiting to see their next move.

Yes, you'd think they would be more resilient that to tuck tail and run when hearing shots. Especially after all the trouble getting the cabin finally built. I assume they paid off their debts in cash before taking off (I'm certain they did, they all seemed honorable)

I fell asleep, they were boating south and that is where i dozed off. But co worker told me the boat had sunk. So now no home, no transportation, no belongings, no money and trapped on an island. That should be interesting to see how they get through that.

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Jun 2014 09:53

yes.this is right toyota_mdt_tech.
i am surely waiting .
why are all these shows on so late in the nite??
ten oclock p.m. here.
all the crud on tv in regular hours.
something fairly wholesome-on late when kids are asleep.

ClimberKev
# Posted: 2 Jun 2014 22:55

There's very little reality in "reality" TV.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jun 2014 05:35

its on tonite.cant wait to see whats gonna happen to the browns

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jun 2014 19:41

i was waiting for tonites show.i could be mistaken but i saw on fb that the next show will not be on till june 22.
ew.

hattie
# Posted: 26 Jan 2015 22:20

I'm loving this show!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 Jan 2015 03:13

it is interesting for sure hattie.
I guess the mom is writing a cookbook.i cant wait for it to come out.

FishHog
# Posted: 27 Jan 2015 09:37

I watched, wasn't much of a fan. the concept is interesting, but all the false drama they try to build into these "reality" shows is getting really tiring. You don't have to make some lame cliff hanger just before every commercial only to disappoint after the commercial. The concept is interesting enough on itself.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 27 Jan 2015 16:05

Quoting: FishHog
but all the false drama they try to build into these "reality" shows is getting really tiring. You don't have to make some lame cliff hanger just before every commercial only to disappoint after the commercial.

I have to agree with this. I tune in to a number of these "Alaskan" shows hoping to glean something and take in the scenery but the manufactured tension and danger is getting old.

Ultimate Survival Alaska is the worse offender IMO. They have someone gently tumble off their dog sled or fall out of a raft and it's built up like they are going to need a life-saving airlift.

Nirky
# Posted: 27 Jan 2015 18:07

Saw this thread two days ago. Watched every episode up to latest on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCne1V9YmKzNDo1MQJbhFytg

Like this family.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Jan 2015 10:29 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: LoonWhisperer
They have someone gently tumble off their dog sled or fall out of a raft and it's built up like they are going to need a life-saving airlift.

I see and noticed that too. You think OMG , then they go to a commerical. And when they come back, he brushes the snow off from falling off the dog sled and moves on, no medi-vac or anything.

FishHog
# Posted: 28 Jan 2015 11:06

glad i'm not the only one who feels this way. The shows have enough merit, without the false drama. I turn them off when I get sick of it.

cabingal3
# Posted: 28 Jan 2015 21:52

i feel its more wholesome tv and more family entertainment than alot that is on.pretty harmless.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 03:24

I started watching the show based on the discussion here! I'm enjoying it and they seem like good people.

But I have to say that sometimes their decisions leave me scratching my head, and I hope it's not being done that way for effect on TV. Someone could get seriously hurt or killed. Their "island" is teeming with bears and I thought it was flat-out stupid for just the oldest girl and one brother to go off to bag a deer and then have to haul it all the way back to camp themselves. A freshly killed deer might attract a bunch of bears and tragedy could have ensued. (Or were they being protected -- I hope! -- and the show simply didn't mention that or show people keeping an eye out?) The crab pot fiasco was foolish from the get-go, too.

They seem very sweet but I wonder if they're kind of in over their heads now? The inventor son is brilliant and seems to be the most competent. If that place really has the highest concentration of bears in the world, as claimed, they're going to need some super-sturdy buildings and a serious plan to survive!

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 06:28

Quoting: Julie2Oregon
The crab pot fiasco was foolish from the get-go, too.

lol.oh dear me.Matt.so cute .no brains.one of my fave scenes.tasting the water.saying the crabs are right here.lol.
then being all full of knowledge and saying "oh yeah,u hit bottom long ago!'soo funny.then they both watch as the crabpot sinks further and further.then to really make it a riot.He says,"remember this spot!" then they leave to go get the crabpot late in the day.
and his little house to me.i am being a tad naughty here-his house he made himself reminds me of his brain.
what a funny one.
why dont they kill the bear to eat them?maybe they dont eat bear.
i love the mom.Ami.i cant wait to get her cookbook.i love her dedication to her man.i would have stayed at the cabin that got built by all. I would have made a declaration to all."i am not moving from this house!"
no she is so wonderful.still looks at her hubby like the moon ,the sun and the stars rise and set around him.pretty cute.

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 21:35

http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/stars-alaska-reality-tv-show-charged-pfd-fraud

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 22:13

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/01/17/alaskan-bush-people-another-phony-reality-sho w-discovery-leased-land-locals-building-cabins-browns-live-in-a-lodge-browns-face-fel ony-charges/

Nirky
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 22:38

Well this is disappointing. I had believed them. I'll miss Snowbird. Good thing for them they actually do have money for the lawyers.

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 23:26

well i still enjoy the show.

Nirky
# Posted: 30 Jan 2015 01:07

Quoting: cabingal3
well i still enjoy the show.

I hear ya, I can see where it still has some entertainment value, but I was involved in rooting for them. Now I know much of it is fake and fabricated and based on a lie, so it's hard for me to get excited about them like I was before.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.