Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / alaskan bush people
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 3 Feb 2015 21:02

LOL, cabingal! I wonder if it's like the Duck Dynasty guys? They were clean-shaven but grew the big ole beards for the show and effect!

cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Feb 2015 16:23 - Edited by: cabingal3

ha! could be Julie2Oregon!

and LoonWhisperer...thats funny .

FishHog
# Posted: 9 Feb 2015 21:40

I truly am dumber for watching this tonight. Seriously, Bear covers himself in mud to go look for deer, doing a forward roll into the bush. then sees a real bear. Rushes back to warn the family and shows up clean as can be with new clothes on.

How can they actually expect people to believe this crap. Could be a good interesting show if it was realistic, but if the batteries weren't dead in the remote, I wouldn't be watching.

bobrok
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 09:32

Those Alaskan bush people DO rough it. They have to get up and manually change channels. No remotes up there; it's remote enough.

hattie
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 11:11

When Gabe was practicing with his rifle with his sister, Bob (my husband who is a hunter) says Gabe was sighting by looking below the scope. Bob said he wasn't even looking through the scope.

We didn't catch that part about Bear coming back in clean clothes. That is really funny!

Someone earlier in the thread had commented on them being so pasty white yet they are supposed to be outside all the time. That one is a head scratcher too.

I must shamefully say that before this thread I truly believed everything I saw on this show. It was one of my favourites because it was so authentic. Now when I watch it, all I can picture is them sitting in their lodge at night ordering room service.

bobrok
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 12:45

Personally, I think the only authentic reality show is "Highway thru Hell" on TWC. But I do like cars and trucks, so...

Scott G
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:49

I think Alaska the Last Frontier is awesome. I believe the Kilchers are the real deal. The production forces a bit of cliff hangers in the editing but that family really appears to be authentic. They inspire me actually. Good folks for sure.

hattie
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 00:39

I used to REALLY love Alaska The Last Frontier. Then I read they live close enough to a town to order delivery pizza. Heck I don't even live close enough to a town to order pizza for delivery. They also have a grocery store and hospital nearby.

Before I found that out I would think how brave that woman was to have a baby out in the middle of nowhere (not realizing there was medical care nearby) and what was going to happen if their vegetables didn't grow? hmph....they'd just stop by the local grocery store and buy some.

I've resigned myself to the fact they are all phony baloneys and I'll just watch the shows for entertainment and not to believe they are true.

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 08:09

i love all the shows.i never stopped to consider if they were real or not cause it is tv.
I feel like the alaskan bush people are being themselves.is the show scripted?yes.they have to have a general idea of where each show is going.they have to have an aim on every show.
i learn alot.me and the mister will see what they are making and talk if it is a good way or goofy.
even when charlotte showed eve how to make soap.i loved it.
when mountain men is on...i love to see Eustace and his buildings.always interestingly scary.
or marty.what a guy...showing the fast way to build a log cabin.
or how to skin things.
i just love all these shows.
whether they live in town or not.they are still familiar enough to know how to share these skills with us.
so i just enjoy.

Scott G
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 11:15

Say it 'aint so hattie!

But yeah, it's TV. I still enjoy them. Not a fan of the forced drama but these shows do inspire me to get out of the ratrace.

Nirky
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 13:13

The Alaskan Bush People are being themselves...to a point. Up to the point when shooting stops for the day, then they go home to live with the film crew in a lodge in the town. They build their own shelters up to a point...then after that point selected townspeople come into the bush and build them a home.

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 13:22

yeah Nirky.we still cant get over that one.
run after everyone helps u build a place...a couple of shots and u are out of there.
now the reason i am watching is "i want to see if Ami gets her a house or not?"

hattie
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 14:35

Quoting: cabingal3
when mountain men is on...i love to see Eustace and his buildings.always interestingly scary.or marty.what a guy...showing the fast way to build a log cabin.or how to skin things.

I love this show too cabingal3. I really like Tom and his wife!! Eustace and that wood fuelled truck of his - I laugh every time I see him driving it, but you have to admit, it is really, really clever. Yup, it all is fake, but some of these guys have some amazing skills.

Nirky
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 14:56

the reason i am watching is "i want to see if Ami gets her a house or not?

One thing for sure, we will not be seeing Ami get her teeth fixed, the ones which infection supposedly threaten her life. That would then beg the question, where did these broke bush people come up with that kind of money?

Or maybe there will be a future episode where in desperation for Ami's life they catch a full boat load of salmon and find a dentist who is willing to barter?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 16:53

Quoting: Nirky
One thing for sure, we will not be seeing Ami get her teeth fixed, the ones which infection supposedly threaten her life. That would then beg the question, where did these broke bush people come up with that kind of money?

obamacare, everything is free now!

I know Alaskans get some $$$ each year from the states resources, ie oil etc. There was a link where they may be scamming on that too and in a little trouble there too.

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 17:06

Quoting: hattie
Eustace and that wood fuelled truck of his - I laugh every time I see him driving it, but you have to admit, it is really, really clever.

ha haa.for sure hattie.the gasifier.actually there is such a thing as this.me and gar get such a kick out of that too.
Or maybe there will be a future episode where in desperation for Ami's life they catch a full boat load of salmon and find a dentist who is willing to barter?

and i think the browns go to court in april,2015.
i could be wrong.

Nirky
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 18:02

and i think the browns go to court in april,2015.

All the better if they go to court and are acquitted, Discovery Channel could then do a new series called "Alaskan Bush Prison People" where they pretended they were convicted and film the series inside the big house.

cabingal3
# Posted: 11 Feb 2015 19:55

too funny.
alaska scared straight bush people.lol.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Feb 2015 13:50

new show on to night.the dad gets sick and is down for the count.everyone has to take over.should be a good show.
will u watch i wonder??

Nirky
# Posted: 13 Feb 2015 16:50

dad gets sick and is down for the count.everyone has to take over.

Didn't we have that episode already?

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Feb 2015 17:42

Didn't we have that episode already?

ha ha aha.several times! haa haa.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Feb 2015 19:34

The kids all seem to be very nice. Being somewhat isolated, they are someone innocent. All work hard, not lazy, very family oriented bunch, no backtalk when told to do something. Some sibling rivalry, but that is normal. I just wonder how that one with the sideburns became so much stronger than the other boys? They all contribute well.

Nirky
# Posted: 14 Feb 2015 21:55

The kids ARE nice, that's why I thought the show was legit, until I read otherwise.

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Feb 2015 17:07

they got their house up...praise be!!
its a lovely home.
the ma was happy but she is sure to not get too excited cause one house burnt down.one cabin was built and they had to leave.the boat sunk!
will they stay?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 25 Feb 2015 21:37

after reading about these phonies I lost interest in the show( I use to really like it) ....its just acting and entertainment

justincasei812
# Posted: 26 Feb 2015 09:17

Speaking of the show "Alaska: The Last frontier". I watch the show but don't ever remember the group saying they live in the middle of nowhere. They call it a homestead and choose to live and survive on the homestead. The homestead has been around for two or three generations and we all know that no matter where you live outside influence can move closer to you. Take the Amish they live the way they choose to based on the their religion and have every convenience known to man within throwing distance, I would consider that a form of homesteading. If you look at the first couple of episodes of the show you will see vehicles in the drive way and other "modern" conveniences around. I don't know if the writers made them seem more like they lived in the middle of nowhere or it is what the viewers want to think since it is Alaska. If you notice when they are filming inside of the homes there are some normal everyday items like electricity, store bought wonder bread, etc.

A little known fact is that Jewel the country singer is a part of the Kilcher clan. Her grandfather way Yule Kilcher a senator.

The Bush family "seem" to move away as soon as anyone one gets close or disrupts their plans on how they are living. For living in the bush they seem to have extra income to buy, lose and start over again.

Kevin

nscampgirl
# Posted: 1 Mar 2015 21:18

My husband makes fun of me for making us watch these shows too, and I'm fully aware they're unrealistic but still find them enjoyable. Pretty sure I could run a cattle drive better than Otto tho!! If nothing else they help pass the time until I can get to the country again

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Mar 2015 22:02

nscampgirl.i agree so much with what u say.
my watching of these shows is a way to help me cope with not being in my woods and cabin.
i love watching these shows.its the country-country ways.
love it.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 1 Mar 2015 23:04

Coming here helps me cope with being away from my cabin.

Nirky
# Posted: 8 May 2015 20:57

Admit I'm looking forward to the next season, even though I know it's fake. Must be something wrong with me.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.