Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Go Giants!
bldginsp
# Posted: 26 Oct 2014 23:28

When I was a kid in the San Francisco area we followed the Giants but for years they never made it to the playoffs. Now they've been there three times in the last 6 years. Looking good.

But KC is a force to contend with....

Nirky
# Posted: 27 Oct 2014 05:52

Hum baby!

MJW
# Posted: 27 Oct 2014 11:30

KC is a big disappointment.

Their fielding stinks. They just don't seem motivated to go after the ball.

That Bumgarner kid is freaking amazing. It is easy to see why the Giants will probably get their 3rd series win in 5 years.

bobrok
# Posted: 28 Oct 2014 17:06

Last 2 nights at the cabin before closing up for winter.
Despite being very remote I'm fortunate to have TV reception on 2 networks, and Fox is one of them, baby!
Looking forward to a couple of nights of fall baseball while in the woods before packing up.

bldginsp
# Posted: 28 Oct 2014 17:31

No better place to enjoy the game, bobrok.

I don't know if I want the Giants to trounce them now and get it over with, or whether I want it to come down to 7th game, bottom of the 9th, two outs, down by three, bases loaded, 3-2 count, then Bumgarner strikes him out on a call strike.

bobrok
# Posted: 28 Oct 2014 19:33

Lol! I take it you're not a big fan of Lourde singing "Royals"?

I hear that song has been banned from the radio out in northern Cali!

bldginsp
# Posted: 28 Oct 2014 22:36

What song? Never heard of it. Now if you wanna sing 'I left my heart in San Francisco' or 'If you're going to San Francisco' then ya, you'll have an audience.

That is, if you can sing.

bldginsp
# Posted: 29 Oct 2014 09:00

Oh... uh... 10 to nothing? Uh... well... a temporary diversion on the road to victory. A minor pebble along the path of success. Just wait for tonight.

D**n Royals.

bobrok
# Posted: 29 Oct 2014 10:53 - Edited by: bobrok

Quoting: bldginsp
If you're going to San Francisco'

Yeah, that's from my era, too. I had a cousin my age who lived in Haight - Ashbury in '68. She wanted me to come out there...never did make that trip.
Had I done so I might be a whole different person today.

Gonna be a good one tonight! Seventh game of a world series is, imo, the best sporting event there can be.

Only thing missing is the Yankees! (I'll probably catch hell for saying that).

bldginsp
# Posted: 29 Oct 2014 12:02

My boss is from N'yark and wears a Yankees hat to ball games here on the west coast, occasionally he gets remarks.

bldginsp
# Posted: 30 Oct 2014 07:37

By the skin of their teeth! Quite a cliff-hanger, eh? Good baseball.

bobrok
# Posted: 30 Oct 2014 08:59

You bet! Great game 7. I thought for a while that your bottom of the ninth bases loaded scenario could actually play out, but that Bumgarner is one cool player under pressure. And the # of innings he's pitched!

Congratulations on a Giant Win!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.