- Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / ATV/Attachments
neb
# Posted: 1 Mar 2015 19:11

Interesting concept.
http://www.vttequipement.com/en/ATV-Equipment.shtml

hueyjazz
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 11:59

Basic physics is to every action there's an equal reaction. I question the counter balance and forces on the ATV to this set up.

MtnDon
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 13:21

Adding all that weight to my ATV would make it grossly overloaded if we place any faith in the manufacturers specs. Add me to the skeptical list.

Littlecooner
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 19:37

if you have ever run a back hoe, you know that weight will have to be placed on the front rack to hold down the ATV while digging or lifting. Don't think this is a great idea, but then its not my money for all those who think its great.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 21:00

Yes, too much weight out in front of the axle centerline and behind the rear axle centerline. Heavily overloaded bearings plus the fact the extra weight on the drivetrain.

I have a buddy who built both the backhoe and crawler tractor from a kit. Not this brand, but exactly the same principle. The backhoe tows behind a quad.

http://www.ubuilditplans.com/webpage4_page2.htm

neb
# Posted: 2 Mar 2015 23:03

Yep I see problems happening. A person would have less into a piece of equipment that it really was meant for. I bet they some sell some.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 3 Mar 2015 06:38

looks neat....BUT~~not big enough to get any work done.. I would pass on it

creeky
# Posted: 3 Mar 2015 09:14

there are lots of tow behind back hoes. you're probably better off just renting one. that one doesn't look to have hydraulic feet on the side. so looks to be a pita to use.

the front bucket would be pretty useful tho. While I kind of scoff at the 500lb carrying. you'd want that load pretty well distributed given the suspension/weight of an ATV.

But a loader is incredibly useful. Add on pallet forks and life gets a lot easier around the farm.

Probably better off just getting a tractor

Pookie129
# Posted: 4 Mar 2015 15:12 - Edited by: Pookie129

so with that said, what does a decent, used (you can imply new but momma can't afford new, again current practicality ATV and new dirt bike (one is a need the other a want, take your pick ) but what does a decent, used appropriate sized helpful tractor go for? What about auctions - I see that one off the 400 past Barrie, but don't know much more. I am in Ontario if that helps, and what would be useful for me, is plowing snow, snow and more snow, digging, picking things up and moving them, moving things from one place to another. Won't be used for tractor pull events for the foreseeable future.

is there a range, and if so what is the range or approximate or is it more a fluctuating scale based on point of sale, situational, what is available, etc.....

Also, since this thread is actually called ATV/Attachments - what are the most useful atv attachments in your opinion? Can be for adventure or work, but what is the most useful or essential, and why, from your point of view or experience?

Thanks for any feedback or comments, very helpful information as usual.

Thanks

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.