Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / nay-sayers!
<< . 1 . 2 .
hattie
# Posted: 20 Apr 2015 00:53

Quoting: Smawgunner
Cost of a homemade interior composting toilet=$54.00.
The look on people's faces when you tell them your toilet is a composter = priceless

hahaha....Love it!!!

smallworks
# Posted: 25 Apr 2015 09:35

People we know assume our camp's "finished" because we've been at it for several years already. ( & still doing it, because we're the only crew and aren't getting any younger in the process, though I feel like a little kid when we make the final left-hand turn) .
I rarely bring the camp up in conversation- it's so dear to me I feel I'm bragging or jinxing the process. BUT, if anyone asks! Some folks think by now we have everything we never wanted to begin with.but mostly they are curious and very few nay-sayers.
My aunt thinks I'm nuts but I think she's crazier to live in an expensive apt where the bathroom flooded her out and where her insurance won't pay back what she's shelling out for it.
I love the outhouse!

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Apr 2015 11:03

Lol! Good post small works. So right on so many points!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 25 Apr 2015 19:26

We have experienced the opposite of "naysayers". My co-workers and family are always asking me if I'm going to retire at the cabin. They know how much I enjoy being there, how many great experiences we have had there with family and friends, and they can appreciate the peace and tranquility. In fact I'd go so far as to say they are jealous of me! Well not quite but really, I have been lucky with all the support I get.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.