Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Too much sleep?
Wilbour
# Posted: 2 May 2015 09:18

It's so easy to go to bed before 10 pm and not officially get up until past 8 am. We seem to grow accustom to the sounds of the furnace and fridge at home but out here where I have no electricity I can sleep for much longer. Perhaps I'm just over tired from the work week. Perhaps its because my wife's not around to help me feel guilty. (She'd never do that on purpose ).

Out here there is nothing to hear but the birds and an occasional vehicle.

At home I always play my music through a custom music server over fm frequency but out here I just prefer the quiet.

It's as if I appreciate both the techy and the low tech lifestyle for different reasons.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 May 2015 10:05

I have an internal alarm clock that wakes me up every day around 4:30, weekdays or weekends. Cabin or at home. I have always been an early riser. I tell the family that I wake the roosters up in my area.

I can not stay away past 10PM, usually sleeping by 9ish

creeky
# Posted: 2 May 2015 11:31

don't discount the fresh air and exercise.

this time of year. i'm in bed by 9 and up at 7. it's the exercise. i'm moving all day. cleaning. prepping gardens. building this and that. and after a winter of indolence. i needz me my 10 hours.

bobrok
# Posted: 2 May 2015 11:43

I'm so with you on this, Wilbour. Nothing but nature sounds and the kitchen clock ticking...those are dear camp sounds to me.
When I start hearing the 18-wheel logging trucks whining up and down a pretty steep grade several miles in the distance I figure it might be time to get up.
If I don't get up then I start hearing female whining of a different nature.

Gary O
# Posted: 2 May 2015 13:21 - Edited by: Gary O

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
I have an internal alarm clock that wakes me up every day around 4:30

I get up around 3:30.
Been doin' that for approx 20 years.
Open the facility, call folks on the east coast.

Now, no facility to open.
Nobody to talk to on the east coast.

I still get up around 3:30

We usually make coffee, get on line, putter.

thennn......go back to bed.

We call this the second sleep.
It's the sweet one, because yer not so beat you zonk out right away. You are very cognizant of drifting off. Might drift off three or four times before sleep takes.
Ever go to sleep smiling?

Man, what a rest, what a reverie.

Used to do that just on the weekends.

....used to.

heh heh

'Too much sleep?'.....silly Wilbour

neb
# Posted: 2 May 2015 18:58

Up at 5:30 and sleeping by 9:30 to 10:00. I do like early morning to watch the sun coming up and the start of another day.

Don_P
# Posted: 2 May 2015 21:18

Usually in bed around midnight, the internal alarm goes off about 6. Much more and the body complains loudly enough that I just lay there unable to get comfortable and unable to do something distracting, often enough I figure it is rest nonetheless. I've found that my limit seems to be about 72 hours before the body will sleep no matter what is going on, and I'll sleep then for about 6 hours, darn it. I don't believe there is any such thing as too much sleep, stock up

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.