Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Merry Christmas ~~~~Happy New Year!!!
turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Dec 2015 22:00 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas surrounded by friends and family ~~~Safe travels to and from!!!

This year has really went by FAST!!!!

I have several things I want to get done on my southern camp ( yep --still not finished ..LOL) this New Year!!!

I plan on building a 30 ft x 10 wide back porch on it this next year. Finish the T & G in the den /kitchen and lots of other projects around the camp and pond!!!

What is your project at the camp/cabin or cottage for the New Year????????????????/

naturelover66
# Posted: 22 Dec 2015 22:15

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I have a few cabin projects planned for the new year...a deck.. Finish tongue n groove walls and fencing . My new years resolution is to spend more time there... No matter whats going on... Its going to be a great year!!

AK Seabee
# Posted: 22 Dec 2015 22:25

Too many projects to mention but the ones that stand out are to completes the outhouse, install the solar and finish the trim on the outside of the cabin...Merry Christmas to all on this forum!

hattie
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 00:55

Christmas is a quiet time for us here. It's too dangerous in the mountain passes to let the kids and grandkids come for a visit so it's just Bob, Molly and me. We have a lot to be thankful for! Wishing all the small cabin people a very Merry Christmas and a healthy 2016.
Merry Christmas from our cabin to yours
Merry Christmas from our cabin to yours

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 03:22

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Well, fingers crossed, 2016 is the year of the move and the build for me! I'm staying FAR AWAY from surgeons so I have no unexpected, unhappy surprises to derail my plans this time!

Steve_S
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 06:01

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone, Best Wishes for the upcoming year !

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 07:04

Merry Christmas to everyone! My wife and I are heading up to the cabin this morning to spend Christmas. We are excited!

My plans for the new year are to finish my wood shed I started in the fall and to do a bunch of clean up. My biggest project and probably the hardest for me is to actually just relax more and enjoy the place!

Happy new year to everyone!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 08:52

Merry Christmas cabin friends! Hope you all have a fun and safe holiday season with your family and friends.

And here's to a healthy, happy 2016!

Cheers!

Frank

bobrok
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 09:01

Our big Christmas present will be a bit late. Our daughter is due with our 2nd grandchild on January 9th.
We're spending 6 weeks with them to help out during this time. Best present ever! Grandchildren!!

Merry Christmas to everyone! I spend a lot of time remembering the true reason for the season.

Happy New Year to all! May all your wishes and resolutions come to fruition.

rmak
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 12:24

I was kidding with my wife, Diane, this morning. I said I know that it's better to give than receive. I told her I thought I'd do my part to help the family by receiving as many gifts as possible.

My thoughts, best wishes and prayers go out to you all. A special prayer for Julie's continual health improvements.

manny
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 13:00

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPYNEW YEAR TO ALL

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 16:39

May all your cabin hopes and dreams come true.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Shadyacres
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 20:20

Merry Christmas everyone ! We will be spending Christmas and New Years at the cabin than I will be going in for open heart surgery on Jan 5th. Knew it was coming but things get more tense when you have a specific date. I'm sure the next 12 days or so will fly by and I will be spending most of them at the cabin.

bowtie1
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 20:58

Merry Christmas Everyone. Shadyacres, thoughts and prayers sent you way for a speedy recovery.

neb
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 21:37

Yes Merry Christmas to all of you also. I so much to be thankful for and I have always considered myself a very lucky person. I wish all of you a great new year.

I will be retired in a few short months and hope to spend a great deal of time at my shack. At some time I may be able to call it a cabin but my place is very crude but livable. I have plans to add on another 5 x 10 feet at some time. The problem is all material is carried and pulled in on a sled to get to the building site. I may get some help to get material there then I can build it. These are my plans but will ponder what I will do.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 24 Dec 2015 16:18

image.jpg
image.jpg

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 24 Dec 2015 20:03

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

pizzadude
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 00:44 - Edited by: pizzadude

Merry Christmas everyone!
Jesus is the reason for the season🎄

Gary O
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 09:35 - Edited by: Gary O

We're just gonna do easy things today, take walks, pictures, eat, drink warm things. Just take some time to experience the spectacle of Christmas in all it's finery and pageantry;

bldginsp
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 11:18

Best wishes to all.

Nice pics Gary

sparky1
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 15:36

Merry Christmas Wishes & a Great & Healthy New Year.
living in the southern woods of Virginia.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 18:25

I'm planning to head to the cabin tomorrow. Weather is nice enough to go sailing Sunday.

Merry Christmas to all. I'm with pizza dude!!

Salty Craig

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 18:39

rmak
Awwww, thanks! Much appreciated!

What gorgeous pictures, Gary! Big longing for big trees and such beauty!

Rather odd Christmas here. Son is an assistant news producer for an ABC affiliate so he's had to work Christmas Eve and today. But we've managed to get in some festivities between his work hours. Actually, I've taken it slow and peaceful, which has been nice.

Very warm temps hasn't made it feel much like Christmas. But that changes this weekend as some monster storm is heading in tomorrow. So, in between cooking and marking this blessed day, I've also been calking doors and windows and washing comforters and more warm clothes in case we lose power. The offgrid stuff I've put in my cabin "hope chest" just might come in handy.

neb
# Posted: 25 Dec 2015 21:13

Great pictures!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 27 Dec 2015 12:09

Thank You bowtie1 !

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.