Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / I think the site needs a few more categories
rockies
# Posted: 9 Feb 2016 19:31

I've noticed that a lot of information and requests for information seem to be posted on here in cycles. There will be a lot of posts about cook stoves, then laundry solutions, then solar products, then batteries, then wood heating stoves, and so on. The type of post seems to cycle with the seasons.

Since a lot of the same questions and products keep getting mentioned, I think a new category for "Products" should be added to the forum. It could even be subdivided into categories for "Stoves", "Fridges", "Washers", "Solar Panels", "Batteries", etc.

Instead of the moderator placing each post in the appropriate category, the person posting could select where the info or request would go. I think this would help a lot of people find what they need rather than them scanning through pages of posts trying to find that one critical link, or remembering if the important info is buried halfway down some other persons thread (and it wasn't even connected with the original post's topic).

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 21:20 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Thanks for the input,
However the list of categories can be endless, constantly evolving and some posts may belong to multiple categories (for example, a solar setup post will have batteries, panels, etc.)...
I think it will be too difficult to manage.
Also, the forum software is not setup to easily add such categories.

If someone is looking for something specific, there are 2 search options:
- Forum's built-in search, on top, and
- Google's custom this site-specific search, to left below menu and at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.