Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / John Schnabel passed away at AGE 96
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Mar 2016 20:50 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

OK, the grandfather on the show "Gold Rush" passed away peacefully in his sleep. I know many cabineers watched that show including myself.

If anyone here has watched that show, you know he was the most liked character on the show. A wise old man for sure. RIP

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2016/03/john_schnabel_grandpa_of_gold.html

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 19 Mar 2016 23:11

he was my favorite on the show...

a fine man with great family values!!!

RIP GrandPa John~~~

upndown
# Posted: 20 Mar 2016 07:34

Not much more rewarding than a proud Grandpa! RIP

hattie
# Posted: 20 Mar 2016 12:02

This is so sad. We loved this old guy. The relationship he had with Parker was just amazing. I am sure Parker must be devastated. He learned so much from Grandpa. RIP Grandpa John. You will be missed.

Just
# Posted: 20 Mar 2016 20:29

John was a lucky man .. I spent the day with my 17 year old grandson .. He called this morning and asked if I would show him how to service the big tractor as his dad was away . Its a big monster of a thing with 8 giant tires and a 800 cu. in CAT engine . We did it all ,9 different filters , 20 gallons of assorted oils . 20 some odd grease fittings ,new HD 1200 watt battery , air in all 8 tires , 350 L of fuel ,and a wash .. I am beat !! wish I could do it again tomorrow . TO YOU JOHN RIP
JUST

AK Seabee
# Posted: 21 Mar 2016 01:36

Rest in peace John! I do agree he was the best character on the show although I didnt watch the show all too often. A great role model for all!

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 21 Mar 2016 11:30

I have to agree with all the comments. He was my hero and I want to stay as active and motivated into my old age as he was. I will miss his smile.

hattie
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 15:33

Last night Gold Rush had a great remembrance show for John Schnabel. It was beautifully done! I cried when John started singing "Goodbye, my friends, it's hard to die when all the birds are singing in the sky". It was just amazing!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 4 Apr 2016 18:29

Quoting: hattie
Last night Gold Rush had a great remembrance show for John Schnabel. It was beautifully done! I cried when John started singing "Goodbye, my friends, it's hard to die when all the birds are singing in the sky". It was just amazing!

I saw that episode, yes, that song by Terry Jacks. Was a sad episode for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPcc1ftj8E

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.