Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / T M I
Wilbour
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 13:28

Too much information.

The other day I entered my wife's schedule on my Google calendar for a specific day as it was not her normal shift.

Today I get a notification that I had better leave now if I plan on keeping my "Appointment" . It told me now was the best time to leave as traffic was light. It also gave me a map of where I last parked my car and that I parked it 2 hours previous.

Wow. Ask your kids what they did all day at school and they say, "Nothing"

Post an event on Google Calendar and you are overwhelmed with information

creeky
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 14:07

not just self driving cars. now they direct us too.

welcome to the robot age.

hattie
# Posted: 29 Jun 2016 01:09 - Edited by: hattie

I don't like the fancy schmancy new technology. Just give me a plain old working computer for searching stuff and the basics. I don't need a cell phone, don't need facebook, don't need link'd in, twitter or whatever else is out there. Give me a real paper book to read, a real newspaper to hold and read and I'm a happy camper.

Wilbour
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 06:45

Quoting: creeky
welcome to the robot age.

Creeky, your robot did not capitalize the first word of each sentence when it posted this for you. Perhaps it's time to upgrade.

creeky
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 07:23

my robot is the advanced archy freelance poet version. he can't press the caps key and any other key at the same time.

i've tried to send him back but he scurries off underneath the furniture.

archy just squeeked at me, i have met the robot. and he is us.

then he laughed maniacally.

adakseabee
# Posted: 1 Jul 2016 00:27

I'm with Hattie.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.