Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Happy Canada Day (Friday the 1st) & US Independence Day (Monday the 4th)
Steve_S
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 15:49

Well folks, another year flew right on by and here we are celebratin' again.

Canada Day on July 1st... So much to do, so many things to get involved in... Goodness Gracious, everywhere a party ! And a great Long Weekend too as most things are closed tomorrow...

Then July 4th on Monday, so it means all our friends south of the 49 will be havin a Hootin & Hollerin weekend just like us !

I've decided that it's a FOUR DAY WEEKEND (what the heck eh) and so "weekend mode" is initiated and set to start soon.

Get your supplies, make sure the 'pop' is cold and you have a stack of papers handy.... if'n ya gotta ask then never mind... Get the fam-damily sorted and pals lined up and remember to keep the shiny side up !

razmichael
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 16:39

Arrived at the cabin 4 hrs ago. Unpacked, moved the dock further into the lake, bolted the ladder onto it, put the kayaks and canoe in then had two margaritas. That's a fine start to an extra long weekend. Nap time.

creeky
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 17:37

Happy celebration weekend to all.

Got the new flags up at the entrance gate. Just need to mow the entrance and I'm set.

Um. The only thing I'll be hammering though are the new battery cables. Well. Back to it.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 17:53

Have a great weekend everyone. Lots to be thankful for in our two great countries. Cheers!

hattie
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 18:54

I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend.

We run a motel and we're full up this weekend. Campers and motor homes have been filing into town to get to the campground since Tuesday. I'm sure it's probably already filled up.
canadabeaverth.gif
canadabeaverth.gif

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 30 Jun 2016 20:27

Unfortunately I'm working this long weekend. I'm off the actual holiday tomorrow but work the rest of the weekend. I went to dollarama today and bought a bunch of Canadian flags and hats to display around the home tomorrow. I've always said that's one thing the Americans get right......patriotism!!!!!p. Canadians don't seem to show it enough so I want to show we are patriotic!! Happy Canada day to all my fellow Canadians and happy Independence Day to our american neighbours!

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 1 Jul 2016 09:45

Thanks Skoot! Happy Canada day to all of you up North!

One request though... can you keep all the Canada geese on your side of the border? ;)

Just kidding... we love your geese!

old243
# Posted: 1 Jul 2016 10:42

I have been camping since Tuesday, daughter has a great spot at a lake. Will probably be away till Tuesday. Catching some carp , will smoke them next week. They are really fun to catch, a real handful when you get them on. Good weekend all. old243

Just
# Posted: 1 Jul 2016 12:39

Have a great weekend everyone ..
20160701_102709_2..jpg
20160701_102709_2..jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.