Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Dragon Man (WOW!)
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Feb 2017 20:56 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

What a collection, you will not be able to stop watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9XFqL-3KfU&app=desktop

He has others too, a military museum, see other videos on the RH side of your youtube screen after you see this one.

All I can say is wow........

SE Ohio
# Posted: 8 Feb 2017 06:40

Gotta show this video to the wife, maybe she'll cut me a little slack!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 8 Feb 2017 08:10

Agree, wow , wow , wow. Wander what his net worth is ???

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 8 Feb 2017 13:00 - Edited by: LoonWhisperer

Insane. My gun collection seems totally inadequate now lol

SE Ohio
# Posted: 8 Feb 2017 14:10

And here I sit with ZERO machine guns!

Of course if I had one, I'd install a real-time meter to keep track of how much $ I was wasting on ammo

RiverCabin
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 09:55

His collection certainly impressive.

His "machine gun" claim is dubious.

I do not dispute that he has machine guns, I do dispute what what type of machine gun he has.

For the uninitiated, there are basically two types of machine guns, machine guns which can be owned by individuals (aka transferables) and machine guns that can be owned by dealers and manufacturers (aka pre and post sample machine guns)

In 1986, an amendment known as the Hughes Amendment was attached to the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA) which banned the future manufacture of machine guns which could be sold to civilians. As such, in May of 1986 the machine guns which a civilian may own became a fixed number. These guns, known commonly as "Transferables" may be sold among civilians and dealers as long as federal requirements are met. The ATF has reported that there are 177,000 transferable machine guns. While this number may seem large, the actual number in circulation is much lower. Many of these guns are held by museums and law enforcement and will never be on the open market.

As the number is limited and can only go lower as guns become unserviceable and otherwise destroyed, the market only goes up up up. For example, in 2003 you could buy an UZI for $2,650.00. That same UZI would sell today for between $12-15,000.

As I said, the other type of machine gun is a dealer sample. Those guns can only be moved between dealers and manufacturers. They cannot be transferred to a civilian and even transfers to certain dealers are restricted depending on their the dealers classification.

So back to the "Dragon Man". If the guns he displayed in his bedroom are transferables, my quick estimate of their value would place them over $500,000. I can say without doubt that they are not all transferables. At least two of the firearms did not exist prior to May of 1986 and thus cannot be transferable. It is my guess that if the guns are truly machine guns and not semi autos that they are then dealer samples.

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to post. I have kept this as a pretty simple explanation. If you are interested in buying a machine gun, the time is now. Prices have stagnated a bit after the Trump election. A machine gun is a pretty solid investment. If you don't destroy it, you are certain to at least get your money back and probably a nice return when you sell it. It's a lot better than a boat.

Shadyacres
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 10:38

Well , I did a little research and the Dragon man appears to run a museum , gun range, gun store etc.

fitzpatt
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 10:52

Quoting: SE Ohio
Gotta show this video to the wife, maybe she'll cut me a little slack!

I would think twice about that. Apparently while Dragon Man was filming a TV show his wife died in an accident... See links below. it gets stranger and stranger:

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/morning_call/2014/04/lawsuit-dropped-over-death-of- colorado-woman-in.html

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?215207-Dragonman-s-daughter-speaking-ou t

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.