Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Had to put down my little Gizmo today...
<< . 1 . 2 .
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 30 Nov 2018 19:18 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Gizmo being a full fledged family member gets a spot at the Double J Ranch Memorial Rock. Gadget and Nugget will also get a spot, hopefully, long ways out yet.
memorial__Copy.jpg
memorial__Copy.jpg

bushbunkie
# Posted: 30 Nov 2018 19:31

family is family...

paulz
# Posted: 30 Nov 2018 20:18 - Edited by: paulz

Yep, family. I spent most of yesterday at the animal hospital. My dog started acting sluggish, wouldn't eat. Yesterday morning on his walk he tried to do his business and only blood came out, about a dozen drops. So off we went. X-ray negative, no other signs, discharged with some pills. I stopped at the store on the way home, bought him a can of Alpo, he scarfed it up right in the truck! Today he took a dump, he's eating and is back to his old self. Little bastard cost me $600.

offgrididaho
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 19:08 - Edited by: offgrididaho

TMT,

Only thing I can share that may help is once you have had to put them down then you know their WHOLE life and know nothing horrible ever happened to them (no one beat them, no one starved them etc)... you're pretty sure that is the case while ttheyre still with you but don't know it until you've seen their whole life through.

Doesn't help much but that's what I've had to tell myself in the past.

-- Bass

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 20:58

Bass, yes, his entire life from the time we brought him home till he passed was filled with warmth, comfort, love, plenty of food and water, he never knew what it was liked to be hungry, thirsty, cold, unloved, unwanted, uncomfortable.

Little Nugget is almost a clone, in addition to looking almost alike, has so many of the exact same traits and actions as Gizmo did. So glad I got me another french bulldog when I did.

offgrididaho
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 21:53

-- Bass

snobdds
# Posted: 3 Dec 2018 11:12

I had a girlfriend a long time ago with a french bulldog. I always called her dog a land bat with those ears. Good dogs.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Dec 2018 20:08

Quoting: snobdds

I had a girlfriend a long time ago with a french bulldog

I told the wife, I want to always have a french bulldog. If I lose one, will work on another. A friend of mine steered me to them and its been love ever since.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.