Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Had to put down my little Gizmo today...
<< . 1 . 2 .
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 30 Nov 2018 19:18 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Gizmo being a full fledged family member gets a spot at the Double J Ranch Memorial Rock. Gadget and Nugget will also get a spot, hopefully, long ways out yet.
memorial__Copy.jpg
memorial__Copy.jpg

bushbunkie
# Posted: 30 Nov 2018 19:31

family is family...

paulz
# Posted: 30 Nov 2018 20:18 - Edited by: paulz

Yep, family. I spent most of yesterday at the animal hospital. My dog started acting sluggish, wouldn't eat. Yesterday morning on his walk he tried to do his business and only blood came out, about a dozen drops. So off we went. X-ray negative, no other signs, discharged with some pills. I stopped at the store on the way home, bought him a can of Alpo, he scarfed it up right in the truck! Today he took a dump, he's eating and is back to his old self. Little bastard cost me $600.

offgrididaho
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 19:08 - Edited by: offgrididaho

TMT,

Only thing I can share that may help is once you have had to put them down then you know their WHOLE life and know nothing horrible ever happened to them (no one beat them, no one starved them etc)... you're pretty sure that is the case while ttheyre still with you but don't know it until you've seen their whole life through.

Doesn't help much but that's what I've had to tell myself in the past.

-- Bass

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 20:58

Bass, yes, his entire life from the time we brought him home till he passed was filled with warmth, comfort, love, plenty of food and water, he never knew what it was liked to be hungry, thirsty, cold, unloved, unwanted, uncomfortable.

Little Nugget is almost a clone, in addition to looking almost alike, has so many of the exact same traits and actions as Gizmo did. So glad I got me another french bulldog when I did.

offgrididaho
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 21:53

-- Bass

snobdds
# Posted: 3 Dec 2018 11:12

I had a girlfriend a long time ago with a french bulldog. I always called her dog a land bat with those ears. Good dogs.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Dec 2018 20:08

Quoting: snobdds

I had a girlfriend a long time ago with a french bulldog

I told the wife, I want to always have a french bulldog. If I lose one, will work on another. A friend of mine steered me to them and its been love ever since.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:57 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Well, had to do it again, 1 yr and 1 day after Gizmo. My english bulldog started to wheeze when he exerted himself. Problem getting worse, he was having trouble breathing.

Take him into the emergency room, the bad news, looks like a heart issue. His lungs and chest cavity are filled with liquid, he was basically suffocating. Unable to breathe in any position except setting up.

He was 8 yrs old, would of been 9 in March.
I knew this day would come, just sooner than I expected it. I am having a private cremation, he will be buried next to Gizmo and I will add another marker to the Memorial Rock in his honor at the cabin.
Gadget as a up
Gadget as a up
Gadget stealing frisbee at cabin
Gadget stealing frisbee at cabin
Gadget eating a biscuit (L side)
Gadget eating a biscuit (L side)

95XL883
# Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:16

Oh man, that is really sad. I am so sorry for your loss. At least with you, he had a good life (like Gizmo). One with love, food, comfort, family. Again, my condolences on your loss.

paulz
# Posted: 31 Dec 2018 13:32

Man, sorry...

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 Jan 2019 13:42

Found a few more puppie pictures of Gadget the day wife brought him home. One where he is laying in the little bed, if I was to photo shop 2 large tusk, he would look like a walrus.
He was build like a wedge, massive front paws vs smaller rear.
gadget_001.jpg
gadget_001.jpg
gadget_011.jpg
gadget_011.jpg
gadget_015.jpg
gadget_015.jpg
gadget_003.jpg
gadget_003.jpg

itsals1
# Posted: 1 Feb 2019 07:47

I’m so saddened by your loss!
Yesterday I had to take our Abby to the Doctor, she was diagnosed with kidney disease. She is in the hospital until Saturday afternoon on IV hopefully this will help her out, 50/50 chance. We are able to visit her at anytime which does help.
I find it so frustrating that these 4 legged angels are only with us for such a short time. They bring us such a joy and happiness it’s hard to explain.
Always there for you when you come home, bringing a toy or bone with a smile on their face and a tail wagging at a speed that can’t help but bring a smile to your face, no matter what your day has been like.
My prayers are with you and your family.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 1 Feb 2019 15:42

I lost 2 is a 366 day span. It was devastating. They both had a full happy life.

I will pray for a speedy recovery for Abby.

itsals1
# Posted: 2 Feb 2019 22:46 - Edited by: itsals1

Thank you!
My wife brought Abby home today, she is exhausted. I don’t think she slept very much at the hospital. Unfortunately I had to work today so I did not get to spend much time with her today.
I have been reading online about dogs and cats and why they get/have kidney failure.
dogsfirst.ie
I only hope that this doesn’t happen to anyone else’s dog or cat.
It’s hard to see our child (our dogs are our children)
In such uncomfortable circumstances.
God Bless
Thank you for your prayers

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.