Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / The Most Used, Least Expensive DIY Project I Ever Made
rockies
# Posted: 9 May 2019 20:53 - Edited by: rockies

One Xmas I went to a friends place and somebody gave him a set of stone coasters to put drinks down on. I thought they were really nice so I went to the store to buy some.

$55 for a set of six!

SO! I went to Home Depot and bought six 4x4 tumbled marble tiles for $1.50 each and then got a package of 1/4" round peel-and-stick cork surface protectors and stuck 4 of them on the underside of each tile.

I use them everyday and they work perfectly.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 May 2019 00:30

That's a great idea!

KinAlberta
# Posted: 10 May 2019 00:46

Start selling them for $54 a set.

beachman
# Posted: 10 May 2019 10:13

I have a 3-D printer and I made covers for beverages to keep the bugs out - mainly bees. They work great.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 10 May 2019 12:08

I have a stream that runs through my property. There's tons of beautiful fairly flat rocks. Some with fossils.
I've been doing the same thing with the pads but I put a dab of epoxy on them and have made many platters and trivets.
I've received several comments on these so I tend to give them away. No harm, I'll just go to stream and find some more.

Janemarie
# Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:30

I love doing this. Whenever I am in an architectural salvage store and see a nice old tile, I buy it and do this. I like the suggestion of using a bit of epoxy. My little felts do often fall right off after a few years.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.