Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / TThe Most Used, Least Expensive DIY Project I Ever Made
rockies
# Posted: 9 May 2019 20:53 - Edited by: rockies

One Xmas I went to a friends place and somebody gave him a set of stone coasters to put drinks down on. I thought they were really nice so I went to the store to buy some.

$55 for a set of six!

SO! I went to Home Depot and bought six 4x4 tumbled marble tiles for $1.50 each and then got a package of 1/4" round peel-and-stick cork surface protectors and stuck 4 of them on the underside of each tile.

I use them everyday and they work perfectly.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 May 2019 00:30

That's a great idea!

KinAlberta
# Posted: 10 May 2019 00:46

Start selling them for $54 a set.

beachman
# Posted: 10 May 2019 10:13

I have a 3-D printer and I made covers for beverages to keep the bugs out - mainly bees. They work great.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 10 May 2019 12:08

I have a stream that runs through my property. There's tons of beautiful fairly flat rocks. Some with fossils.
I've been doing the same thing with the pads but I put a dab of epoxy on them and have made many platters and trivets.
I've received several comments on these so I tend to give them away. No harm, I'll just go to stream and find some more.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.