Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Getting ready
neb
# Posted: 24 Oct 2014 15:50

Well winter isn't far off here in the north country. I sledded up some wood today and split it up. I want to get it in the shed before it snows. LOL

bobrok
# Posted: 24 Oct 2014 17:43

Our place is on a lumber - lease property, and after decades guess who came through this year. Loggers! They posted signs all over the place about responsible logging and good environmental practices.
They then proceeded to selectively clear cut huge areas, leaving stumps and extraneous mammoth logs all over the place. Word then came down to us leasees that we could have whatever they left behind, which was a LOT.
There is quite a scramble going on now among those wood burning camp owners among us.
I don't burn wood, but I'm sure gonna take advantage of this opportunity to put up a nice crib of fire pit wood for future bonfires!

SandyR
# Posted: 24 Oct 2014 22:50

We have so much to split here at home it isn't even funny. There is probably six cords of chucked wood laying in my driveway. We plan on doing it this weekend.

hattie
# Posted: 25 Oct 2014 02:03 - Edited by: hattie

That is a GREAT photo neb, but my back hurts just looking at it. *LOL* That's a LOT of work!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.