Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Heald Hauler side by side
darz5150
# Posted: 7 Apr 2015 20:54

I am getting this tomorrow. It is a side by side with a dump bed. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with them.
I helped my father fix it up. We replaced the transmission, added radio and fog lights etc.
I have an electric accuator that I am going to put on the bed so it will be auto dump.
Picture0407151756_1..jpg
Picture0407151756_1..jpg
Picture0407151750_1..jpg
Picture0407151750_1..jpg

AK Seabee
# Posted: 7 Apr 2015 21:32

I am not familiar with the make/ model. Looking at the photos it looks like a great machine that will be useful around your property. Enjoy and keep us updated.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 7 Apr 2015 21:37

Very cool! No doubt that will come in very handy. Is it 4 wheel drive?

darz5150
# Posted: 7 Apr 2015 21:57

Quoting: LoonWhisperer
Is it 4 wheel drive?

No, I wish it was. Mainly gonna use it for getting firewood out of the woods and small loads of gravel and sand etc. In the summer it will probably haul more grandkids than anything.LOL

Littlecooner
# Posted: 8 Apr 2015 08:34 - Edited by: Littlecooner

UTV's are great vehicles. You will keep it going all the time around the property. Love the dump beds, just the right size to not overdo things when you need to load it by old fashion manual labor. The open air ride is super. Its also great to let the small ones learn how to operate a vehicle. If you have a lot of mud or tough terrain, a change of rear tires to an aggressive deep tread is a great improvement. Also if you are collecting firewood in tough terrain, a visit to Harbor Freight for a cheap small electric winch for the front may be a great add to the vehicle to 'get one going again" in those tough spots. Looking at your photo, it looks like you have 50 PSI in the back tires. Wow, These are designed to be very low pressure, to roll over the off road terrain, depending on loads in the bed, but 2-4 PSI is the desired and suggested tire pressure. You will find that off roading ability will change very greatly between 2 PSI and 20-30 PSI in the drive tires.

Kudzu
# Posted: 8 Apr 2015 09:31

We have a Gator that is positive traction, never needed 4 wheel drive. I am sure yours will serve you well, enjoy.

darz5150
# Posted: 8 Apr 2015 10:09

I will check the tire pressure for sure. It is very possible that they are overinflated. I am getting it from my dad and he is 81 years old. He still uses the old inflate and kick method rather than the new fangled fancy schmancy pressure guages!
I already have a portable winch with a plate that fits over a trailer ball so you can hook it to the front with a clevis, or use the ball mount plate to get you out when you can't go forward anymore. LOL
Thanks for the good advice on both issues.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 8 Apr 2015 10:20

~~~~workhorse for sure.....I have a Kawasaki mule...a Honda 4trax...and a 2 gas lifted golf carts/big mud tires and racks--- I have modified for the woods and farm. All have there uses. I like the mule dump bed and locking differential....wonder where your rig as made ...never saw one like that..very KOOL!!

Ronstockton
# Posted: 10 Oct 2017 00:50

I’ve have restored my 1983 HH-416 Hauler. Bought it new and assembled it when I was 13.....got tired of pushing the wheelbarrow on my fathers farm. It’s been in constant service it’s whole life. Thought it was time to make it new again.

darz5150
# Posted: 10 Oct 2017 10:05

Looks good Ron. I still use mine all the time. Hope to get another 30 + years out of it.

Ronstockton
# Posted: 20 Jan 2018 03:57

Thanks! Its a tough and simple machine....easy to fix. Did you ever mount your actuator? Curious what you used and how you got it done....
Would love to see pictures. Ronstockton@gmail.com

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.