Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Wireless Temperature Station
Steve_S
# Posted: 29 Nov 2015 08:32

Hi Folks..

I was out yesterday perusing some Black Friday deals and came across this on sale for $15 at Canadian Tire... Sure beats the regular $69 price. La Crosse Wireless Temperature Station Available in many places including e-bay, amazon etc...

This little gadget has a 300 foot distance from the transmitter to receiver, alarm modes (for temps) and logging as well. Pretty Spiffy piece of kit.

It's not a deluxe model but does the essentials plus a few extras and for $15 it's a bargain.

I got this because I want to keep an eye on the temps in my Pumphouse / Powerhouse and I certainly want to be alerted when it get's cold. I'm not living on site YET but working on it whenever possible and I do not want to be running in & out checking on temps...

Now that I have a recovered RV Furnace installed & running to heat that building to 45F (it's an old thermostat LOL) I feel a whole lot better BUT still have to stay on top of it. Batteries, Water Pressure tank and more that can never freeze, all represent a major investment & I need the peace of mind.

Have a Good One folks
Steve

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 29 Nov 2015 19:30

As a ham radio operator, we love this kinds of stuff. I have a wireless weather center. The transmitter at the unit outside runs on a battery that charges itself up during the day (solar) and it gives me baro pressure, rising or falling, wind direction, wind speed, rain in inches, inside temps, outside temps plus a clock that is set to perfect time via a wireless signal from a satellite. Bit I think I paid close to $200 for it. Sounds like a decent price on that one you have.

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 30 Nov 2015 16:44

They are excellent for checking the outside temps, or the temps of a freezer, pump house ect. as well.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 30 Nov 2015 17:01

Nice score Steve! That will come in handy. CT had some goofy sales on this weekend, that's for sure. Treated myself to the metal detector, another coleman solar panel and some saw blades. Saved a whack of cash.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.