Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anyone have experience with Backyard Outfitters sheds?
justins7
# Posted: 9 Aug 2017 18:01

I am looking for an inexpensive outbuilding and came across Backyard Outfitters while driving in NY state. They make T1-11 sided sheds, etc. and you can frequently see them off the highway (I think they are based in TN). Their buildings are really cheap — some are around $2,000 less than similar Amish-built ones. They're definitely of lower quality, but still.

I need to have more storage pretty soon, and am a really tight budget (I was going to go with shipping containers, but I think the sheds would be a better option).

Just wondering if anyone has bought from them, what their experience is, etc.

xtolekbananx
# Posted: 11 Aug 2017 05:08

I did buy a cabin from them and I have to say it is very well built. They are using 24" oc (double studs on plywood joints) system and everything is done with 2x4 but you can always upgrade to 2x6 or bigger or 16" oc. They have free delivery up to 30 miles.
20160614_164757.jpg
20160614_164757.jpg
20160704_092033.jpg
20160704_092033.jpg
DSCN0758.JPG
DSCN0758.JPG

justins7
# Posted: 14 Aug 2017 17:41

Nice! Thanks for posting the pics. (I see your water tanks in the back too.)

I wound up buying a very similar one from them just a few days ago, in Davenport, NY. After searching for the right solution for months (considered shipping containers), this seemed like the best deal when you consider the size and adaptability.

How long have you had it?

xtolekbananx
# Posted: 14 Aug 2017 23:40

I've had it for over a year now and no problems with it. I upgraded my floor joists to 2x6s. Last year during hunting season I used Mr Heater big buddy to heat it up and it kept it toasty all night long. Of course I cracked the window open. The interior is 10 x 16 all insulated now. If you plan on insulating the ceiling leave 1" gap and cut ridge vent, the cap is screwed in and then drill some holes in overhang, this way you will not have moisture problems. I also bought it in Davenport NY. For the money you really can't beat it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.