Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Finally... (Water pump)
Rickant
# Posted: 7 Jan 2018 06:59

When we took over the property in the fall, the water pump was not working. I could not get it up to pressure. I am guessing that there is a crack somewhere the intake or the pump or pressure tank is pooched. That being said after spending too many weekends at my inlaws cottage getting their water pump sorted out, I want to have my own that works when I arrive (easy button?) and replace this circa 1950s pump and tank. It is a three season property with lake water intake. Any suggestions on convertible jet pumps? I've heard anything from Canadian tire or HD are crappy? The current pump plugs into an outlet, not even a gfci, so that needs to be fixed too. It is currently in a utility room that I will convert to a bedroom so I will either create a closet for the pump at the back of the room or move it outside and build a small pump house to keep it out of the weather... Any suggestions?

Just
# Posted: 7 Jan 2018 07:36

By a Goulds water pump ,no better! 400$

MAD MAX
# Posted: 9 Jan 2018 17:52

I have drilled 5 wells by hand in my life and set up the pumps. Submersable is the only way to go in my humble opinion.

jtamlin
# Posted: 18 Feb 2018 10:25

Morning Rick! I have several water systems, once in a while they all work!! I agree with max that in the bottom of a well or septic tank a sub pump is king, but not for a lake application. Lots of things to consider here, like diameter of your line, distance to lake, uphill grade etc. There are some really smart guys on this site and they know their math! At my place I have very little grade, and as pumps push better then they pull I elected to run heavy wire to a small pump house near the lake. My intake hose is about 30' and I push water to several areas. I bought a red lion pump, which is not an expensive brand, and it works fine. Keep the foot valve out of the mud/sand! I cannot find any good reason to have a noisy pump inside your house, not to mention the problems you will have if you have a leak! My cabin(s) are also three season, and it takes me a day in the fall to winterize and blow out lines, but if you want the Mrs. and kids to enjoy the place you gotta have water!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.