Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Water well shed-first build
saltbranch
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 22:09

Recently had a well drilled and need to cover it. I had started in the summer with good intentions but the 100 plus heat slowed me down. Finally got back to it with cooler weather. I started with what the drillers left of a concrete pad. I dug a 12" x 12" trench around the "slab" they left. I put a 4x4 fence post 3' deep at corners and poured all the concrete. then framed the walls between the posts. Kind of hard with warped boards that had sit for 3 months, but oh well. It has been fun learning experience. We still have to put the metal roof and trim it out, plus a door
IMAG0145.jpg
IMAG0145.jpg
IMAG0146.jpg
IMAG0146.jpg
IMAG0159.jpg
IMAG0159.jpg
IMAG0160.jpg
IMAG0160.jpg

saltbranch
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 22:29

First time I have built anything of this size. Very far from perfect and being square....LOL. This I am going try a 12x12 cabin/shed next

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 22:44

Where my cabin is, that would freeze. What they do is use a pitless adapter, run the pipe out the side of the well, 4 feet down, it goes to an underground vault, then the pump, tank etc is right there. All protected from freezing cold.

saltbranch
# Posted: 28 Oct 2012 22:58

Usually we wrap with insulation and do not have any freezing problems. maybe on a real cold nights, hang a light in there.
I can tell ya it made for some hot showers straight out of the tank over the summer. the day i set the posts and poured the concrete it was 108.I had Passed out and dog woke me up, licking my face. Thats when I stopped and waited for cooler weather to finish. I had tied all my lumber up tight. But I guess after 3 months sitting, warp age was enevitable

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.