Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / need advice for 14'x36' prefab cabin re: foundation
Spruce315
# Posted: 25 Jul 2019 14:56

Hello. I'm looking for design ideas, for a pier and beam foundation for my prefab cabin to sit on. See pic of cabin floor structure in front. Will be getting floor plans for it next week and will post more then.

This cabin will be going into the north woods of Wisconsin. I'm leaning towards a pier and beam design, so plumbing, etc., is more accessible, etc.

How many piers and what size/diameter would be best to have on this project for the above size cabin? Spacing of piers? Perpendicular to those factory beams on bottom or parallel next to them would be best?

and what type of lumber, spacing, etc., would have to be used, thickness, etc? on top of these piers?

Thanks so much! Any ideas are appreciated. Nurse here with basic carpentry skills here.
building23_1.jpg
building23_1.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.