Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / portable AC ducted out a wall not a window
sparky30_06
# Posted: 3 Oct 2019 07:54

OK so the best made plans always have a flaw. My original shack layout has changed and thinking about moving my portable ac unit and making it a little more semi permanent. Has anyone ducted their portable ac unit directly out the wall?

Thinking about using something like a dry or exhaust hood duct. Just need to some up with a way to block them off when gone. Maybe a box that I can latch when I'm gone.

My AC/heat pump is a twin duct model.

ICC
# Posted: 3 Oct 2019 15:15

I have a friend who vented his out the wall. If you search you can find vent hoods with the flap oriented correctly for use as an inlet. He found s pair of 4 or 5 inch ones. In winter he removes the A/C, puts it in the barn, and stuffs the vent holes with a bag of insulation.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 5 Oct 2019 12:02

Thanks ICC, I was thinking along the same lines. trying to seal up when I'm not there is the important part

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.