Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Call of nature
bugs
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 12:05

Could not decide where this info should go.

As it is starting to get a tad chilly and the trips to the outhouse can be a bit nippy initially... ( I try to plan my visit(s) shortly after the lady wife has gone so the seat is warm!) I came across this interesting gadget. Does use electricity tho.
Hiny Heater

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 14:22

Um, interesting.

I heard that if you make a toilet seat out of rigid, non-porous Styrofoam the toilet seat will not get a buildup of frost on it. Cold is one thing- cold and icy is another... scrape,scrape,scrape!!!!

Rob O
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 14:22

bring the seat inside the cabin

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 17:31

That is why I have my bucket inside for those night time "calls". Phooey on going to the outhouse in the middle of the night :)

MtnDon
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 18:21

We have a thin but sturdy plastic toilet seat. When your butt hits it the cold shock dissipates quickly.

bugs
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 18:34

Just thought it was an interesting gadget. At least it does not sing to you and release pot pouri to mask odoriferous emissions.

Nightly visits to the outhouse, or my favourite tree, can be quite rewarding and adventurous. Many times we have met the resident striped pussy cat types, watched an owl pass through the yard, been startled by something crashing through the nearby bush or stare in awe at the milky way stretching from horizon to horizon, shooting stars and the northern lights on our nocturnal forays.

It is all part of the cabin experience.

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Oct 2011 19:53

Quoting: bugs
been startled by something crashing through the nearby bush

This is the part that scares me. All the other stuff would be awesome! Maybe some day I'll get brave. If I get too startled I'd probably end up no longer needing the outhouse. :o but needing a change of jammies instead!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 17:52

At our cabin the ladies use a pett toilet and wag bags in the winter, at night. Those of us with external plumbing are forced outside. First one up in the morning (me) starts up the Mr Heater Buddy in the shittah so everyone else gets a warm toasty visit.

TomChum
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 19:03 - Edited by: TomChum

Quoting: bugs
( I try to plan my visit(s) shortly after the lady wife has gone so the seat is warm!)

Your seat is too comfortable. Remove the seat and just sit on the hole. Next time you will be focused on getting a good grip on the hole - you'll forget about the temp.

bobrok
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 19:24

Quoting: TomChum
Your seat is too comfortable. Remove the seat and just sit on the hole. Next time you will be focused on getting a good grip on the hole - you'll forget about the temp.

:)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.