Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / little champion kerosene lantern
larry
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 23:09

does anyone have these lanterns and what do you think of them?

larry
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 20:28

guess i didn't realize the picture never posted. i was hopping that someone here has experience with this laterns and would give feedback on them.
lantern
lantern

Anonymous
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 21:24

I have been using this style lantern for quite some time. I am sure they are all chinese copies, but they are all quite durable and reliable. We use them inside and outside the cabin. I keep them filled for the inside of the cabin in case of a power outage. They will last for quite a few hours on 1 fill up. I dont use kerosene.... much too smelly, I use lamp oil. For the outside of the cabin I fill em up with citronellla oil. You need to try this idea. It will make a bottle of citronella last for quite a few weeks,(way longer than in a tiki torch) not only lighting up your patio or BBQ area, but they're great for walkways and out houses. A few or mine have been outside so long that they are all rusty and crusty but still work great. After they get rained or snowed on I just light em up and dry out the inside and they'll last for years.

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 2 Aug 2012 22:30

Here is a link to some options...most are made in germany:

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/search#w=lantern&asug=

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.