Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Fall is moving in fast here in Western Washington
groingo
# Posted: 3 Sep 2015 10:08 - Edited by: groingo

Got up this morning, it was cool at 38 degrees....looks like the fall switch has been flicked here, are you ready for what's ahead?

Our weather here has been typical of what we get in November and the sat maps show that our jet stream has vanished completely for the third year now
making weather pattern comparisons impossible, guess we'll have to see what happens, so, are you ready for what nature has in store this season?

FishSeeker
# Posted: 3 Sep 2015 10:57

I'll guess we'll have to take it as it comes Groingo. It has been a great summer around here though. A little dry so I'm glad to finally see some rain to get the fish moving up the rivers. I live in Lynnwood but my cabin is outside Marblemount on the Cascade River. Where you be?

groingo
# Posted: 3 Sep 2015 11:53

Kitsap County just out of Port Orchard.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Sep 2015 22:12

its sure been cold here.today was just cold.
brr.had on long johns,skirt,long sleeve turtle neck and a big sweater.
sat in the sun.the sun kept moving.i finally got warm.
spent the morning stacking wood.
made homemade hot soup for dinner to warm our innards.
yep.its coming.

cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Sep 2015 11:02

brr.nippy this morning.dont know if we can go by our thermometer but 2 miles down on the web cams they post the temp online.18 degrees two miles down.i dont think we r that cold cause the water jugs are not frozen.
but its cold.we can see our breath inside the cabin.brr.

upndown
# Posted: 4 Sep 2015 13:39

Looking forward to some cooler temps at home, always more pleasant at the cabin! This years Monsoon season has been terrible. No real rain to speak of, yet the humidity. Also the 2nd hottest August on record. I Know cool to me is nothing compared to what you folks are talking about! Haha.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.